Lt. Commander
# 1 Lack of Ship Customization
04-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Hello Cryptic, Ive been waiting for some things for like ages...

I know the Ground character customization of this game is just awesome, its so diverse and complex, I doubt much games can stand up against it. But when we come to the Shipyard ship customization its really really simplistic and except for some parts interchange or standard texture there is nothing we can actually do.

I would like to request some simple features which could at least allow us to do a LITTLE more with the ship appearances.

- Some new material that fits on ALL ships. From dark stuff to lighter stuff. Isnt there some way to make this universal for most ships that can at this moment apply the standard paintjob on them with the colors?

- In addition, please give us the option to completely remove the color pattern on a ship. As it stands now, alot of materials (Also on the jem hadar) already have a predefined basic color when you select everything to 'white'. For the jem hadar for instance the basic color is grey with some disgusting light pink/purple color. There is no option to just remove that and make the ship totally gray like the rest of the parts. Why limit this to forcible have a hull color in the first place when people can manually select a paintjob and the appropriate color they desire? This has been like this since youve made adjustments to how the paintjobs are drew upon the ships hull since S4. Same was true for the Defiant and the darkest material available, before the patch we could use the white color to REMOVE the black parts from that material. (No dont read it wrong, im not talkinga bout making a ship white) but the white color basically removed these 'predefined' black or purple or whatever colors and making the ship 100% the same color.

- An option to make the hull darker or lighter shouldnt be so difficult to make right? Add a Hue slider option or so?

- Last but not least, I couldnt find a reason why it would be that hard to have an option to change the nacelle colors a bit. (An acceptable color range which would still fit in 'canon'). I was watching DS9 yesterday and saw my jem hadar ship had more whiteish color in that episode rather then the purple usual.

It would be awesome to have at least some limited form of ship customization rather then the (In my opinion) disgusting standard patterns we get with the even more horrible limited color range we can choose from.

This part of the game really lacks some basic options we should have. Especially in a game where space is probably the most important part of it. I'm pretty sure these simple adjustments are at most a few daytimes of work and I'd really like to get some answer on this.

As it stands now, at least for me the ships i play with get boring pretty fast, especially if the appearance is never to your likings.

And where's that _gold pressed latinum ship material_ that we should buy from the vendor on Drozana mh?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
- In addition, please give us the option to completely remove the color pattern on a ship. As it stands now, alot of materials (Also on the jem hadar) already have a predefined basic color when you select everything to 'white'. For the jem hadar for instance the basic color is grey with some disgusting light pink/purple color. There is no option to just remove that and make the ship totally gray like the rest of the parts. Why limit this to forcible have a hull color in the first place when people can manually select a paintjob and the appropriate color they desire?
you do know you can do this already, right? right-click the Set parts and select "disable appearance."
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I remember seeing a preview of the game in a gaming magazine a couple years ago. The way that preview showed things we'd be able to select sauser sections that had 'cut-out' sections in them. I have yet to see that sort of option, but then Cryptic could have removed that one. I'd also like to see more ship customization options outside of parts from the three classes of ship in your ship's catagory.