Lt. Commander
# 1 vent theta radiation
05-01-2012, 07:13 PM
how come when im hit by this ability, all my crew are exterminated and do not regen until i die or change maps?

is this supposed to be the way it works? (even if i clear the debuffs)
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
how come when im hit by this ability, all my crew are exterminated and do not regen until i die or change maps?

is this supposed to be the way it works? (even if i clear the debuffs)
Make sure your ship has not taken damage to Sick Bay.

Not saying that is your problem, but I know for a fact that will cause what your describing to be the case.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 05:01 AM
I thought they fixed VTR so it did not stack past 1.

WHat ship where you in? How big is the crew?
Most everybody finds VTR an annoyance now and easily ignored if one hits HE or just moves.
Bug?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I thought they fixed VTR so it did not stack past 1.

WHat ship where you in? How big is the crew?
Most everybody finds VTR an annoyance now and easily ignored if one hits HE or just moves.
Bug?
it was in one of minimax's big pvp matches, i had a galx at 1000 crew, flew through the cloud i couldnt see, they all died. then they stayed dead until my ship blew up some odd minutes later. 0 crew for over 60 seconds (before i died), even after a haz was used on my to clear the debuffs. it happened again later, crew were all killed by the clouds i couldnt see then did not respawn until i was killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Make sure your ship has not taken damage to Sick Bay.

Not saying that is your problem, but I know for a fact that will cause what your describing to be the case.
no damage what so ever on my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2012, 05:23 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
it was in one of minimax's big pvp matches, i had a galx at 1000 crew, flew through the cloud i couldnt see, they all died. then they stayed dead until my ship blew up some odd minutes later. 0 crew for over 60 seconds (before i died), even after a haz was used on my to clear the debuffs. it happened again later, crew were all killed by the clouds i couldnt see then did not respawn until i was killed.
I'm not sure what to make of that. Bug it, for sure.
Since they tweaked VTR this is the first time I've heard of anybody describing an effect that mirrored the old broken mechanics.
Is it possible to Crit with VTR?
Maybe it was more than one Use of VTR by several Players in the same place?
The invisible thingy is wierd to.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2012, 05:33 AM
With VTR, although the other effects are now rather toned down, especially the shield damage and perception debuff, the insta-slaughter it wreaks upon one's crew is still present.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
With VTR, although the other effects are now rather toned down, especially the shield damage and perception debuff, the insta-slaughter it wreaks upon one's crew is still present.
You are kidding? The crew death through too many stacks was part of its original issue. Thats just bad balancing.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2012, 07:25 AM
Are you releasing it and then taking off or you lurking around and trying to get in extra shots on the target? I use it against the Borg which really does a big amount of damage to them as far as crew deaths but I fly in vent the theta and then fly away from the radiation cloud and begin my assault. I also use eject warp plasma as well in this manner. So swing in round one with theta then swing in round two with eject warp plasma.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2012, 08:38 AM
With the patch today, crew becomes more important, so VTR becomes more powerful. Luckily, there is Hazard Emitters. :p