Lt. Commander
# 1 EC farming for real life $$$
05-02-2012, 06:11 AM
Does Cryptic do anything about the folks that do nothing but sit in starbase 24 or kerrat farming the purple drops for EC.

Ive been playing for a few months now and for that time ive seen the same 3 people farming day in day out, no matter what time of day it is, they are there, farming.

One of these guys even PM'd me asking if i wanted to buy 10million ec for $10!

The reason i ask is it seems pretty damn clear to me that these guys are farming for the sole purpose of selling EC, which is bang out of order for those of us that actually want to better our build with the more expensive items, and a blatant breach of the T&C.

Cryptic, these guys are DESTROYING your in game economy, putting new players off the game and giving you guys the middle finger and kindly asking you to take a seat on it.

Do you like the feel of that finger in your collective rectum, or is it about time you enforced your rules?

Simple solution would be to limit the drops, you could be generous to say 10-20 drops a day, after that the quality will drop to blue for the rest of the 24hr period.

Most normal players probably wont play and win 20 sb24/kerrat matches without actually passing out from boredom so the only people this would effect is the clowns trying to make a quick buck selling EC to the folks who havent had a chance to earn the ec needed to build a ship that could potentialy alloow them to win a couple of purple items themselves.

I love this game, and i am more than patiant when it comes to bug fixes, new content etc etc. Dont let a couple of clowns take down your game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm pretty sure selling EC for real money is against Cryptic's terms of use. If you see anyone doing it just report them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I'm pretty sure selling EC for real money is against Cryptic's terms of use. If you see anyone doing it just report them.
Report them to who exactly?

I just dont understand why the game is even setup in such a way that these guys have been able to take such an advantage to it.

I used to play a game called Eve Online a few years back, its very hardcore, and massively time consuming. With work and social commitments i had to abandon the game and seek a more casual game, star trek online seems to fit the bill perfectly.

When it came to dillithium they fixed the kerrat farming cause it was hurting there c point sales... If a similar fix is put in place for very rare drops, this problem is solved. What use would farming be if the drops got worse as the player continued hell you could even go to the ultimate low and give the clowns a green lock box after the 20th win and award 2nd place the purple drop.

Or maybe i should appeal to cryptic's dominant ferengi side.

Implement the fix above and sell EC yourselves via the cstore... I bet you wouldnt tollerate farmers much if they were stealing sales from the cstore?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Report them at https://support.perfectworld.com/.

Frankly, EC farmers don't bother me much, until they start selling EC for real money. I think that's just wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2012, 06:54 AM
what is wrong with farm EC, i do farm EC, i don't sell it by money, but yes i grind EC all the time (i think is a better idea for get the rare ships, insted of luck boxes). When the new MK XI purple consoles made their appearance, i went to sb24, win like 30 in a row, and made 60+ millones in just a few days, what is wrong with that? Learn how to win sb24, or how to win kerrat, and done.

And if anyone want to buy EC for money, let him, in what way that affect your gameplay? People buy ships, doff, and alot of stuff by Cpoints, meanwhile other have to pull their *** for grind the dilithium needed for the ships, or have to spend weeks of doffing.

Haters Gonna Hate....
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88
what is wrong with farm EC, i do farm EC, i don't sell it by money, but yes i grind EC all the time (i think is a better idea for get the rare ships, insted of luck boxes). When the new MK XI purple consoles made their appearance, i went to sb24, win like 30 in a row, and made 60+ millones in just a few days, what is wrong with that? Learn how to win sb24, or how to win kerrat, and done.

And if anyone want to buy EC for money, let him, in what way that affect your gameplay? People buy ships, doff, and alot of stuff by Cpoints, meanwhile other have to pull their *** for grind the dilithium needed for the ships, or have to spend weeks of doffing.

Haters Gonna Hate....
Winning both events is fairly easy, thats not the problem.
You say you played for a few days, then my argument is not against you.

I can tell from your post english is not your primary language, but im talking about the guys that have been farming from my perspective for 4 months SOLID. I dont begrudge people winning, i myself have accumulated a fair amount of EC over a long period of time.

What i find bemusing is the amount of people asking in game or in fleet about the best way to make some ec, and i actually advise new comers to stay away from farmed zones.

As for your argument about it not effecting my gameplay? Its a rule buddy, its against the T&C's to sell ec, does it effect me personally? yes, i have to advise people of farmed zones and/or compete with these clowns myself. Most importantly though, its a rule, just as theft is unlawfull, the fact that the item stolen may or may not effect me does not change the fact its against the rules.

Or are you one of those that discards rules they think dont apply to them?

Please bear in mind, this would only effect 4 or 5 serious farmers, playing an hour or two of either event per day is not what im getting at, im talking about the people that seemingly exsist solely to farm, those that litterally do nothing but hammer sb24 or sit parked in a stealth ship in kerrat with their guns pressed up against borg repair drones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan5
Winning both events is fairly easy, thats not the problem.
You say you played for a few days, then my argument is not against you.

I can tell from your post english is not your primary language, but im talking about the guys that have been farming from my perspective for 4 months SOLID. I dont begrudge people winning, i myself have accumulated a fair amount of EC over a long period of time.

What i find bemusing is the amount of people asking in game or in fleet about the best way to make some ec, and i actually advise new comers to stay away from farmed zones.

As for your argument about it not effecting my gameplay? Its a rule buddy, its against the T&C's to sell ec, does it effect me personally? yes, i have to advise people of farmed zones and/or compete with these clowns myself. Most importantly though, its a rule, just as theft is unlawfull, the fact that the item stolen may or may not effect me does not change the fact its against the rules.

Or are you one of those that discards rules they think dont apply to them?

Please bear in mind, this would only effect 4 or 5 serious farmers, playing an hour or two of either event per day is not what im getting at, im talking about the people that seemingly exsist solely to farm, those that litterally do nothing but hammer sb24 or sit parked in a stealth ship in kerrat with their guns pressed up against borg repair drones.
I have to say, I grind daily myself. I sell off 99% of the loot I get on the exchange for EC considering that the stuff I get is not an upgrade for what I currently have. Like wise I get dilithium as well as borg drops that I use to further my own ships. To take and single out people that are grinding EC for the purpose to sell for real currency and say they need to fix the game to stop that will do nothing but hurt those of us that takes time out of our busy schedule to make time to grind for our own benifit of becoming more powerful in game.

I used to do Kerrat to grind dilithium, and over the course of one weekend (sat and sun) I was able to grind close to 75,000 dilithium which I still have and have been adding to since then. When they did away with my ability to do that, I moved on to something else. I started grinding the dilithium mining as well as grinding the duty officer missions for my dilithium. So far I was going to use the dilithium to convert to C-points which would have helped out Cryptic to make money (people selling C-points for Dilithium are buying points from Cryptic to do this, they are making their own money off the players willing to sell dilithium), but I am holding on to my dilithium till something comes along that I really want or need to make myself competitive then I will use it.

Aside from that I am currently up to around 2.5 million EC which isnt much compared to other players but I refuse to spend 1,000,000 ec for a very rare console if I can just grind in the STF`s and have the chance at looting what I need. I mean I am not going to take and waste 500k ec to buy a Mk XI very rare console when its only improvement over my Mk X very rare is 2 points. Thats a waste of ec in my book. It has worked out well but I have to stress though, if they fix it where the loot drop goes to lower and lower Mk`s the more times you win and collect loot, well then I have to say I will just take my business else where. This lack of new content and screwups they are doing is not instilling confidence in me to want to keep playing this game. I keep playing cause its between playing this or dusting off and playing the Dominion War game I have which I think isnt as great as this is in some ways.

Now to reply to your comment about it having an effect on your game play cause you have to tell others to avoid farming zones, I have to say that is all on you. No one is holding a gun to your head to tell everyone you come across to avoid such and such zone. That is your choice so to use that as an example is invalid cause you are doing it of your own free will. As far as selling EC for real money, being against the rules all you have to do is report the player to Cryptic and let them take care of it.

Also to use your example of theft being against the law, that is a good example but the problem is though you dont run after the theif yelling "theif, theif, theif" like you are doing here cause you are running around telling everyone in chat of your own free will to avoid the farm zones when you dont have to. I dont have to post helpful replies in chat, hell I dont even have to have chat open its an option that I choose to use so I cant complain about puns being used or comments made that are insulting.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milner62
I have to say, I grind daily myself. I sell off 99% of the loot I get on the exchange for EC considering that the stuff I get is not an upgrade for what I currently have. Like wise I get dilithium as well as borg drops that I use to further my own ships. To take and single out people that are grinding EC for the purpose to sell for real currency and say they need to fix the game to stop that will do nothing but hurt those of us that takes time out of our busy schedule to make time to grind for our own benifit of becoming more powerful in game.

I used to do Kerrat to grind dilithium, and over the course of one weekend (sat and sun) I was able to grind close to 75,000 dilithium which I still have and have been adding to since then. When they did away with my ability to do that, I moved on to something else. I started grinding the dilithium mining as well as grinding the duty officer missions for my dilithium. So far I was going to use the dilithium to convert to C-points which would have helped out Cryptic to make money (people selling C-points for Dilithium are buying points from Cryptic to do this, they are making their own money off the players willing to sell dilithium), but I am holding on to my dilithium till something comes along that I really want or need to make myself competitive then I will use it.

Aside from that I am currently up to around 2.5 million EC which isnt much compared to other players but I refuse to spend 1,000,000 ec for a very rare console if I can just grind in the STF`s and have the chance at looting what I need. I mean I am not going to take and waste 500k ec to buy a Mk XI very rare console when its only improvement over my Mk X very rare is 2 points. Thats a waste of ec in my book. It has worked out well but I have to stress though, if they fix it where the loot drop goes to lower and lower Mk`s the more times you win and collect loot, well then I have to say I will just take my business else where. This lack of new content and screwups they are doing is not instilling confidence in me to want to keep playing this game. I keep playing cause its between playing this or dusting off and playing the Dominion War game I have which I think isnt as great as this is in some ways.

Now to reply to your comment about it having an effect on your game play cause you have to tell others to avoid farming zones, I have to say that is all on you. No one is holding a gun to your head to tell everyone you come across to avoid such and such zone. That is your choice so to use that as an example is invalid cause you are doing it of your own free will. As far as selling EC for real money, being against the rules all you have to do is report the player to Cryptic and let them take care of it.

Also to use your example of theft being against the law, that is a good example but the problem is though you dont run after the theif yelling "theif, theif, theif" like you are doing here cause you are running around telling everyone in chat of your own free will to avoid the farm zones when you dont have to. I dont have to post helpful replies in chat, hell I dont even have to have chat open its an option that I choose to use so I cant complain about puns being used or comments made that are insulting.
Once again, the complaint is not aimed at you. Start looking at MKXII tac consoles, or hell even MKXI tac consoles. I wanted to max out my Antiproton dps, to do this i had to spend 24m on three Antiproton Mag regulators mk xi very rare which gave a 28% increase each.

The same consoles in a mkxii will cost around 50 million EC each

What if we want to grind some good puprle mkxii consoles... well you will need the rights doffs to get a higher chance of a very rare, go price up 5 resolve engineers with a crit trait. Yes thats right, you will find bargain ones at 15m each, realisticly they go between 20-40 million ec.

There is no way in hell a user can raise that running stf's, no way no how, not in this lifetime. what do you earn per win in a stf... 100k perhaps a 500k if you get a lucky drop? Considering it takes at best 8mins to complete a stf.

SB24 can be complete in 3 mins, and drops include those high priced mkxi tac consoles, on average the sb24 winner will take away 3+ million for a 3 minute mission.

Kerrat is even worse, decode 1 borg transmission and kill 2 repair drones. 99% of the time thats a first place win right there, again netting either a mkx or mkxi purple item, again including those expensive tac consoles. This one is a travesty as the scoring system favors cloaked ships that dont engage the enemy. It truly is a p2w event. How bout those poor guys that you know fight the borg to get close enough to a a tower to decode it, they just wasted their time.

If your in kerrat and you see the decodes seem stuck at 7/8. Go take a look at those repair drones, ill garauntee theres a user sat there cloaked face pressed againts it, using some buffs and scatter volley/torp spread, two repair drones can be destroyed without moving your ship forward an inch. they just waiting for someone gullible enough to decode the last tower so they can have the win.

If you change instance in kerrat the drops decrease to mk1 drops, so basically you can either help the camper farm, or leave.

this fix would stop the few users taking advantage of these flaws, and in general wouldnt even effect the average user. There would be absolutley no need to alter teh drops in a stf, most end gamers would agree the dil is the reward for an stf win, the junk in the loot boxes at the end of a mission is just that.... junk.

Im only suggesting that drops become worthless after X amount of drops. X being the highest amount a real player would play, maybe its higher than 10-20, perhaps cryptic set it at 50 purple drops a day can the average real player say he drops 50 items a day in kerrat and 50 items a day in sb24? Would you be upset by having for example 100 very rare drops a day, or is it more than you generally drop?

They are classed as Very Rare afterall.

for example 50 x 3minute games will take 2 1/2 hours to complete, factor in losses say 10 losses bringing your game time to a straight 3 hours. Who here honestley would play kerrat for 3 hours then go play sb24 for a further 3 hours? the people effected would be those that i have witnessed sitting in warzones for months farming, not the average joe, these are the people breaking the t&c's selling the gold on sites and in the chat windows themselves.
The only people i see that could take umbridge at this solution is those farming for monetary gains.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-02-2012, 08:26 AM
It doesn't sound like you're mad that they're selling the EC, just that people are farming *more* EC than you can and making it harder to get stuff you want.

This is how games have always been.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstrosity22
It doesn't sound like you're mad that they're selling the EC, just that people are farming *more* EC than you can and making it harder to get stuff you want.

This is how games have always been.
I currently have 67.8million ec

At the minute i have nothing i really need or want to buy., scratch that, id love a jem ship to go with my d'kora and galor, but seeing as ive never seen one for sale im left to assume they have all been opened by now.

If you think im whinning about the situation then that is your opinion and your very much welcome to it, but that is not the case. Perhaps its wrong to suggest equality in a game, i just brought this to the table, i know its easier to think that somehow this would be to my advantage, but try and think of the bigger picture this time.

Just to be clear, i could also sit in kerrat all day everyday, its simple, the strategy is above in my previous post... but i think id die of boredom.

i was just talking to a fleet mate about this thread and mentioned the name of one of the campers who's life seems to revolve around kerrat, i jumped to kerrat and sure enough the user "tandk" was there. Im not afraid of a loss, and i have a good bit of banter with people i see in stf's or in the zones, and im usually one of the first to congratulate the winner of a round on his/her success.