Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
So there is no arguing that the new Caitian Carrier looks really amazing, and hats off to all the guys/gals that worked on created it. I want to make sure they understand none of this actually has to do with the hard work they put into designing and actually creating the carrier itself.

Now with the pleasantries aside, Cryptic WTF are you doing??!! I have been one to avidly support Cryptic in every aspect as they are the little guy with big dreams that have had nothing but an uphill battle with this game. I've held fast to the belief that if the cash and resources started flowing better that you would finally create the content and game we know you can, we've seen so many glimpses of what can/could be.

Actual Customer service has become an almost complete ZERO no matter what sub,lifer,f2p level you are. Actually at this point I think most people would actually start rating it in the negative.

C-store prices are becoming more and more unrealistic compared to what is actually being offered. I hate to even bring up the lock boxes and master keys for the fear of a flash mob with napalm. The master keys are so overly priced for the quality of what you can actually get from the boxes.

Now your latest insanity and disappointment is you're releasing a new ship that is finally actually completely new and not Star Fleet, but Federation, BUT WITHOUT IT'S OWN UNIQUE BRIDGE. Oh and of course it's priced at 2000cp which is the same as the Odyssey, but hey the Odyssey has it's own bridge even though there are several Starfleet bridges already available.

This is all really starting to so a lack of caring about your customers, the content you're producing, and the way you handle that content. There are obviously some serious issues that are from the top level down, and if something doesn't get done to correct this soon, all the f2p surge and shiny new toys aren't going to make up for what's going wrong.

I have and will continue to be convinced and supportive that you can in fact really make this game something special and better than most others could. We've all seen the quality of work the dev team can and continue to do and there is no questioning that, the problem is the people making the decisions and the ones not making sure that the level of quality customer service and customer appreciation is there. There has to be some balance between profit, quality, new content, and content modification/corrections, and to be honest right now all we're seeing is quality from a small part, and new content that is being linked directly to profit with little to no regards to any of the rest. Right now there is simply too much missing from a production direction view and from a game immersion and play-ability view to be so focused on profit over quality. If we're really hooked into this game being immersive on it's own and immersion into the Star Trek universe this game is based on then we'll be willing to spend the money on the new ships and gadgets that will provide the profits. Right now the players are The Federation working towards the betterment of all and everyone else (Cryptic and PWE) are becoming more associated with the Ferengi and their never ceasing quest for profits.

This isn't to server as a rant or just a ***** fest at Cryptic, but hopefully will finally be the cold hard truth it is meant to be that will prove that the current philosophy isn't working, and that adapting to that is not only necessary but also crucial in how we you're customers and fans are going to continue on with you, those of us who chose to do so.


~A continued supporter and believer in what you can do and are capable of doing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Not only that... But the atrox has less boff powers than the Karfi and still costs more...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-02-2012, 11:52 AM
All I can say is "Vote with your vallet".

Don't buy it... If no one buys the overpriced items, Cryptic will either realize they are doing somthing wrong, or keep wondering why they don't make money, untill the game is dead.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon304 View Post
Not only that... But the atrox has less boff powers than the Karfi and still costs more...
Both have 12 boff powers, what are you talking about?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-02-2012, 12:09 PM
If you not happy with the price do not buy it. The game F2P. They got to price where they think they going to make money.

Then you have to decide it worth your money or not.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-02-2012, 01:36 PM
if you want to see some rediculous item store prices, you should check out the teir 8 tanks in World of Tanks. $50+ for one tank..

In fairness, although i find the prices a little steep I try to compare the price to the cost of a subscription. The gold sub is $15 a month.. if I'm only going to buy this ship and its going to be my only c-store purchase for the next coouple of months then don't think its too bad. Cryptic just better not expect me to buy this and keys for useless junk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalGnat
if you want to see some rediculous item store prices, you should check out the teir 8 tanks in World of Tanks. $50+ for one tank..

In fairness, although i find the prices a little steep I try to compare the price to the cost of a subscription. The gold sub is $15 a month.. if I'm only going to buy this ship and its going to be my only c-store purchase for the next coouple of months then don't think its too bad. Cryptic just better not expect me to buy this and keys for useless junk.
It's not that I don't see what you are trying to say, but the comparison to other games dosen't really apply..

STO is (obviously) not World of Tanks, or EvE or WoW..

Star Trek fans are diffrent that thoose audiences, and as such requires diffrent treatment and approach when it comes to content, items and pricing, and from what I can tell, they are doing a pretty lousy job so far...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-03-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Star Trek fans are diffrent that thoose audiences, and as such requires different treatment and approach when it comes to content, items and pricing, and from what I can tell, they are doing a pretty lousy job so far...
You're talking about an IP with a consistent history and reputation of shelling out preposterous amounts of money for memorabilia, props, and related merchandise. Are you really surprised that a fanbase with members willing to pay thousands for a prop phaser WON'T get shilled?

Frankly, I'm surprised at how tightwad these entire forums seem to be. Twenty bucks for a carrier without having to deal with that horrendous klingon UI? Sure. Like it's been said, better twenty bucks and a whole new look, system, and type of ship than twice that for a slightly more powerful version of an existing item.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
If you not happy with the price do not buy it. The game F2P. They got to price where they think they going to make money.

Then you have to decide it worth your money or not.
The overall price range of the ships aren't bad, and I know there are a lot of different ways that money gets split up, and I have and will continue to buy from the c-store. The gripe is about the fact that they are basically charging the same price for an incomplete ship as they are a complete ship, the difference in completion obviously being the Odyssey came with a unique bridge and the the Carrier which isn't even a Star Fleet ship is stuck having to use a Star Fleet bridge. It's sloppy, lazy, and shows a complete lack of concern for quality. And you know damn well when enough people complain that they finally realize it's a problem and create a Caitian bridge for it they'll end up making it one you have to purchase with c-points. That's my issue with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
The overall price range of the ships aren't bad, and I know there are a lot of different ways that money gets split up, and I have and will continue to buy from the c-store. The gripe is about the fact that they are basically charging the same price for an incomplete ship as they are a complete ship, the difference in completion obviously being the Odyssey came with a unique bridge and the the Carrier which isn't even a Star Fleet ship is stuck having to use a Star Fleet bridge. It's sloppy, lazy, and shows a complete lack of concern for quality. And you know damn well when enough people complain that they finally realize it's a problem and create a Caitian bridge for it they'll end up making it one you have to purchase with c-points. That's my issue with it.


That may well be the case. but see if you feel that way there simple answer. vote with your wallet. If you do buy something that those not meet your standard. They either need to adjust what they do, those making you happy, or go out bussiness. That the way a free market system works.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:02 PM.