Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r9xchaos
there should be atleast 1 free carrier.. its just bad to limit an entire class/style of playing to PAYers or GRINDers.. some of us actually have a job , reallife and a family.. we coudl effort the new ship BUT soemof us put our money in other things than that.. maybe like outfits ?!

also it is not fair to give only people the ability to use a carrier that PAY or hardcore grind.. especially with the increasing price of cpoints...

on the KDF side there is a fair deal.. you can atleast play a carrier without buying cpoints...

im not complaining here because im happy with my ships i have.. i just say ist not really fair for other people.. no matter if it makes money.. its just not fair ^^

but hey ... shortly after release almost every 2nd scientist ive seen had a caitian carrier already.. well the PWE moneymachine seems to work ..

just to bad that the game becomes Perfect World 2 now...

as ive seen scientists have been nerfed alot, STFS got harder due to the respawn cooldown... and so on...

hopefully there wil be a change of things soon.. because otherwise star trek will become a grinder game..and then it sucks for all of us trekkies...

and cryptic .. if u want to make STO to a grinder game only.. please give roleplayers the ability to get the things/items without grinding..lol ( like pressing the "i am a Roleplayer Button" and getting the desired item from a list XD ) :p
It also not fair that I still do not have a full PVE KDF faction to play with that your force to play 25 levels of federation before you can make a kdf character. Life not fair.

You want a free Carrier make a KDF character.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrci2907
omg people just stop complaining! If you want to buy this ship you will buy it and if not you wont and its simple as that! It costs 2000 cp because its unique to the fed side.
The entire point I was trying to make with this thread is that with the Odyssey the price was set at 2000cp being the highest cp price for a ship, and for that 2000cp you got the ship, a unique bridge, and a console or item, overall a complete ship. With the Carrier you get the ship, and the item (in this case the fighters), but no unique bridge, and therefore it is not complete. With the Carrier not being complete it is only fair and logical that the price should have been less then the 2000cp or they should have created the unique bridge for it.

It's the matter of principle when it comes to quality of the product and cost accountability.

This is and was in no means a thread to simply complain or whine about the price of it just because people think it's too expensive just because they want something for cheap.

IF Cryptic had actually created a unique Caitian bridge for the carrier like they should have, and so do for all ships released, they could have also released it on it's own as well in the c-store and increased profits even more and everyone would have been happy.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
The entire point I was trying to make with this thread is that with the Odyssey the price was set at 2000cp being the highest cp price for a ship, and for that 2000cp you got the ship, a unique bridge, and a console or item, overall a complete ship. With the Carrier you get the ship, and the item (in this case the fighters), but no unique bridge, and therefore it is not complete. With the Carrier not being complete it is only fair and logical that the price should have been less then the 2000cp or they should have created the unique bridge for it.

It's the matter of principle when it comes to quality of the product and cost accountability.

This is and was in no means a thread to simply complain or whine about the price of it just because people think it's too expensive just because they want something for cheap.

IF Cryptic had actually created a unique Caitian bridge for the carrier like they should have, and so do for all ships released, they could have also released it on it's own as well in the c-store and increased profits even more and everyone would have been happy.

Did you buy it?
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-04-2012, 08:54 AM
I did buy atrox carrier and its one of the best purchsses i made. Since yestrday i didnt died once at stf, thats a ship!
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
Did you buy it?
No I haven't, but I'm really torn between buying it and not. The second it was confirmed that the ship was in fact going to be a Caitian ship, I instantly went into brainstorming exactly what all I was going to want to guy with it. Being that it is a Caitian ship I was going to start a new character for it and purchase the playable Caitian and Caitian bridge officer along with the Carrier and some xp boost to develop the new character faster.

I still really like the idea of a non-starfleet ship and the challenge/diversity of playing with a carrier as that isn't something I've done on here. Even writing this now I'm still going back and forth between what I want which is buying the ship and holding to the principles I believe in regarding the ship should have been released with a Caitian bridge, and not a typical Starfleet one. It probably doesn't help any that one of the bridges I did buy with c-points (actually bought the pack because of the D'kyr not having a vulcan bridge and wanting something that matched the ship as best as possible) is actually the perfect color scheme that it would match the Color of the Caitian Carrier.

The most annoying part of the whole thing is with the amount of Carriers I've seen around already there is little to no chance Cryptic is going to reverse this as a standard practice now that they know people will buy it no matter what.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-04-2012, 09:21 AM
I bought it and I regret it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
For as much as they're asking for the carrier I think it should be packaged like the D'kyr was. You get the ship plus the vanity pet of the caution fighter as a playable fighter for shuttle missions like the vault. Other wise 2000 is a little too steep.
I agree with this, Cryptic are being pretty stingy.

I wouldn't buy it, but thats just me.

If i wanted a fed carrier i'd get a half-decent sci/cruiser, and then shove a bunch of fighters into it's device slots.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesinthedark View Post
No I haven't, but I'm really torn between buying it and not. The second it was confirmed that the ship was in fact going to be a Caitian ship, I instantly went into brainstorming exactly what all I was going to want to guy with it. Being that it is a Caitian ship I was going to start a new character for it and purchase the playable Caitian and Caitian bridge officer along with the Carrier and some xp boost to develop the new character faster.

I still really like the idea of a non-starfleet ship and the challenge/diversity of playing with a carrier as that isn't something I've done on here. Even writing this now I'm still going back and forth between what I want which is buying the ship and holding to the principles I believe in regarding the ship should have been released with a Caitian bridge, and not a typical Starfleet one. It probably doesn't help any that one of the bridges I did buy with c-points (actually bought the pack because of the D'kyr not having a vulcan bridge and wanting something that matched the ship as best as possible) is actually the perfect color scheme that it would match the Color of the Caitian Carrier.

The most annoying part of the whole thing is with the amount of Carriers I've seen around already there is little to no chance Cryptic is going to reverse this as a standard practice now that they know people will buy it no matter what.
Correct. That was my point. As long people buy it those price, in what your calling have finished. Cryptic will continue to do so. Why put more work into when they get good payout allready?

I have not bought, i may get it when I have enough stippen points, or I may not.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
It's not that I don't see what you are trying to say, but the comparison to other games dosen't really apply..

STO is (obviously) not World of Tanks, or EvE or WoW..

Star Trek fans are diffrent that thoose audiences, and as such requires diffrent treatment and approach when it comes to content, items and pricing, and from what I can tell, they are doing a pretty lousy job so far...
I am afraid there's a minority that finds, content, items and pricing not lousy and that is keeping STO afloat.

Mustrum "Losing this War since the Rhode Island Revolution" Ridcullly
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-05-2012, 06:31 PM
If you want to see good quality DLC for good prices, this is a good example:

Rise of Flight

Here's a video of some action .

Video (Death of the Red Baron)

I'll probably still get the Caitian Carrier, but I hope they release a free bridge upgrade to it, and imho it means playing my level 50 char a lot more to get value.