Lt. Commander
# 1 Rapidfire III cool down
04-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Well, I have recently been in numerous PvP matchs...and after checking my combat logs, just to be sure, I have decided that there is no longer a cool down for Rapid Fire III. Has the Rapid Fire cool downs changed?

No, I am not talking about chaining Rapid fire III and say a Rapid Fire I and switching off...Same Guy, same Rapid Fire III...pounded on me for far longer than should have been feasable...you cannot chain the same power ie: RFIII and then RFIII back to back vs lets say RFIII and RFI....doesnt work like that. AND if it is being done like that, then I would say it is a "exploit" and needs to be addressed.

There is a space between the the same root powers by 15+sec..ie: power III / power I..is that still the same or has it changed?

The doff/buffs/consoles/skill set/ together are so outta of whack now it is rediculous. To have a 0-30 or less second cool down for something like RFIII OR any powerfull power for that matter is crazy and unfair...

I know Gozer is the guy in charge PvP now and I do not envy his job...PvP is the MMO tester of alll powers and set ups, regardless of the game or weapons...ie: swords, sailing ships, blasters, light sabers, bows and arrows or Star Ships.

The PvP universe will never stop evolving because of the players. Players want to win and they will do everything they can to win whether its good, bad or indifferent.

Anyway, I would like to see the cool down for the Rapid Fire power re-evaluated. I could be wrong and it is just me. I would just like the Devs to take a another look, if they are satisfied, then I am too.

Fight on..
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-28-2012, 04:11 PM
another reason why i dont do PvP in STO any more. So unfair and unbalanced compared to other MMO's.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2012, 04:23 PM
It's got a 30 second CD with a 10 second uptime, meaning that there's only 20 seconds between each usage.

However, you can use Tactical Initiative to bring the CD down to 15 seconds, leaving only a 5 second gap between usages.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Was he a Tac? Tactical Initiative will have CRF down to the CD, allowing him to run CRF 3 as if he had two copies for 45 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachVerant
Well, I have recently been in numerous PvP matchs...and after checking my combat logs, just to be sure, I have decided that there is no longer a cool down for Rapid Fire III. Has the Rapid Fire cool downs changed?
Fight on..
I saw it in the pvp you were in and have felt it myself over this past week or so. Whew.

I'm very curious to see the responses. I am gonna go ask a Bieber or a Ricky Bobby if I can find them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militis View Post
Was he a Tac? Tactical Initiative will have CRF down to the CD, allowing him to run CRF 3 as if he had two copies for 45 seconds.
This is the most likely answer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinneas View Post
I saw it in the pvp you were in and have felt it myself over this past week or so. Whew.

I'm very curious to see the responses. I am gonna go ask a Bieber or a Ricky Bobby if I can find them.
Its either Tactical initiative, Aux2bat doffs or an exploit.
Maco set bonus (5%) doesnt affect it when using tactical initiative though.

There is no other way or i would've know about it
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
There is a space between the the same root powers by 15+sec..ie: power III / power I..is that still the same or has it changed?

The doff/buffs/consoles/skill set/ together are so outta of whack now it is rediculous. To have a 0-30 or less second cool down for something like RFIII OR any powerfull power for that matter is crazy and unfair...
If it's the same system the cooldown is 15s on the other powers tied to that system. If it's the same actual power, then its 30s from what I've seen.

That said, with a tac officer reducing cooldowns by .45 (ie 65% of base) + Photonic Officer + Aux-to-Batteries Technician cooldown (with purples!) I'd imagine that yes, it should be pretty much chainable in the first salvo. Once Photonic Officer and Aux-to-Bat go on cooldown, it should stop.

You may say it's overpowered, but they just used 2 bridge officer abilities to bring it back online faster. Instead they could have had the Shield Invulnerability power + a tractor beam or something else that would have also increased their damage to you (and front-loaded it.)
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
my guess is tac initiative with changed CRF II + III while the difference between I and III might be noticible to the guy recieving damage, II and III likely won't be, especially if he's using phaser DHC's that have the proc on subsystems.

but with the above combo it would seem almost instant, especially if there was only 1 regular cannon volley in between the rapid fire chain.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-02-2012, 12:11 PM
There is no way, outside of an exploit, to get 100% uptime on CRF, regardless of rank. The duration is 10 seconds, and the system CD is 15 seconds, meaning there will always be 5 seconds of downtime, no matter if you use Photonic Officer, Technician doffs with Aux2Batt, and Tac Initiative. If you lower the CD to the system CD, you get the little horizontal bar that slowly falls down the icon for the power on your tray. That means the CD cannot be reduced further.