Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet support button!
05-02-2012, 12:39 PM
This is brilliant! Wait for it ... Wait for it ... You promote your bridge officer to Captian. This removes them from your service and can take command of one of your ships. They can Warp in when fleet support button is clicked.

I love this idea! Right now you can discard bridge officer and train a new one. You dont know what happens to them. This way they kinda stay in your service. Oh oh when you use your the ship they are assigned to, The former bridge officer can be sitting in the captains chair when you visit the bridge. Brilliant i tell you!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2 how to promote to captain?
05-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdadon
This is brilliant! Wait for it ... Wait for it ... You promote your bridge officer to Captian. This removes them from your service and can take command of one of your ships. They can Warp in when fleet support button is clicked.

I love this idea! Right now you can discard bridge officer and train a new one. You dont know what happens to them. This way they kinda stay in your service. Oh oh when you use your the ship they are assigned to, The former bridge officer can be sitting in the captains chair when you visit the bridge. Brilliant i tell you!!!!
this sounds great, but i can't promote any of my officer to captain. did a search and found many discussions on this that went nowhere.

what am i missing? i like the sound of this, but have no captain??
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 03:40 PM
As far as i know, you cant promote to captain. If you want new bridge officers you can buy more bridge officer slots or discharge a current bridge officer.

I kinda like the story of promoting them and that they can make an future appearance helping you out in one of your own ships. Seeing the ships you have doing nothing while you are captaining your favorite ship. Why not combine Fleet support to your current ship list + promoting your commanders to captain so they can continue their careers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2012, 03:43 PM
At least that could create a use for those ships that wait your at teh shipyard doing nothing,It would be great because we'd be able to equip two ships (we all know there is a upper limit for DPS or tanking and that's mk XII ).
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Overall, I really like this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Now to grab the attention of Cyptic Studio programmers. And hopefully they can "Make it so!"
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-02-2012, 04:39 PM
love the idea
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
oh also watch the idea be put on c-store for 4000 c-points
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-02-2012, 04:46 PM
It is understandable! To have a free game and no-one pay to play is very unprofitable. It cost money to create new content and release it. I think paying 4000 C points is to expensive. for that maybe you can send the captain on missions for you and bring you back the loot!
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I like this idea. I constantly am going back between my Defiant and MVAM ships. It would also be cool, for those of us who spent the money, to have those ships come in with the fleet support button...and have them use their special ability. If I were flying my Defiant and I clicked fleet support, my MVAM could come in and separate into the three sections. Talk about a rescue!