Lt. Commander
# 11
05-02-2012, 05:05 PM
I like the idea, but see a couple of issues:

1) How do we assign our Boff-captain his own Boffs? Are those drawn from our total pool?

2) How does our Boff-captain accrue skills? Are they based on ours, extrapolated from his own eight skills?

3) There is currently one skill which brings in a ship that isn't photonic. It seems like a major systems overhaul to adjust the flavor for one power which is only used seldomly.

4) What's that captain doing when he's not helping you out? Do we get to see the reward of any of his actions in materials, items, or EC?

Personally, I think it would be neat to give up power on our main ship (A TON - like 3-5 consoles' worth) and be able to have a permanent wingman in combat. More durable than a pet, and useful for tactics that require a tank or a buffer. It opens up a whole new array of strategic possibilities... But would, admittedly, be a pain in the rear to balance.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-02-2012, 05:14 PM
It is a really good idea sad to say however its anything but new maybe one day they will but thats going to be a while down the road. I would love to be wrong about this doubt it very much tho