Lt. Commander
I just failed a science mission "Review credentials of biologist". The Biologist DOFF I assigned was the best for the job. The outcome was going to be a GUARANTEED success. There wasn't even a 1% chance of failure or disaster. The pie chart was about 79% success and 21% critical success.

...And I failed it. How is that possible?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2012, 04:29 PM
It's even worse when you sustain an injury for something like that LOL!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 04:42 PM
The interface rounds down, and unfortunately currently this doesn't make a special case for 1%, so 0% is sometimes actually 0.4% or something similar.

It is something Falling Sky and I have discussed for when he has some more time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2012, 03:21 AM
Yes this is one hell of a bug i lost two of my best office last night 100% success rate with low casualty risk
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The interface rounds down, and unfortunately currently this doesn't make a special case for 1%, so 0% is sometimes actually 0.4% or something similar.

It is something Falling Sky and I have discussed for when he has some more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukdrew
Yes this is one hell of a bug i lost two of my best office last night 100% success rate with low casualty risk
Based on heretics comment, it's more of a lack of displayed UI information, rather than a bug...

Since the stats only displays full numeric values, it's natural for a computer to display the closest full value.

In case of a 0.4% success chance, a computer will always display 0% if it can't show a decimal value... Programming 1o1.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2012, 04:11 AM
Okay I get that programming 101 bit and it showing 0.4% but then why did the game just remove the failure or disaster from possible outcomes of the mission. It cannot be that hard to program in <= 1%
Removed possible outcome.

I
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Okay I get that programming 101 bit and it showing 0.4% but then why did the game just remove the failure or disaster from possible outcomes of the mission. It cannot be that hard to program in <= 1%
Removed possible outcome.

I
It's not hard to add that no, but the effects may be wider than you expect. There are databases that may need alterations and who knows how this math is tied into the DuOff system at other places?

For all we know, it might screw up every other assignment out there.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
It's not hard to add that no, but the effects may be wider than you expect. There are databases that may need alterations and who knows how this math is tied into the DuOff system at other places?

For all we know, it might screw up every other assignment out there.
Fair point but that is what testing is for lol.

I am just a bit as i lost my two best crew and the replacemt i got is DOA.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
...Your best officers were Commons? Unless you were running a mission that explicitly removes a Doff from your roster, they're the only ones that can die...
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoKnight View Post
...Your best officers were Commons? Unless you were running a mission that explicitly removes a Doff from your roster, they're the only ones that can die...
Yeah, give 'em an in-game funeral and move on. Much better officers will come.