Lt. Commander
# 1 Outpostgamez Interviews dStahl
05-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Executive Producer Dan Stahl recently sat down to talk to Outpostgamez. Check out the interview here.

Link to the interview.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Huh. It seemed like half of the answers were "no plans at this time". I guess they asked the wrong questions
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 04:53 PM
That was the most uninformative interview I've ever read.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Interview gammer for that group is terrible. 90% of the material listed as questions was so garbled it made no sense. The remaining 10% was just asking the same question in multiple ways. Future recommendations.... Don't talk to that group Mr. Stahl.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Huh. It seemed like half of the answers were "no plans at this time". I guess they asked the wrong questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneCabal View Post
That was the most uninformative interview I've ever read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnwerefox View Post
Interview gammer for that group is terrible. 90% of the material listed as questions was so garbled it made no sense. The remaining 10% was just asking the same question in multiple ways. Future recommendations.... Don't talk to that group Mr. Stahl.
For real that almost made me feel bad for the guy and more so Dstahl.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2012, 05:42 PM
I can bet all my latinum that cryptic will require cold hard cash for un-customizable fleet bases that will do very little or nothing...

Just like the Captain's Table
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Why interview Stahl at all these days,the only answers you get are:

"After Season (insert number)"
"No plans at this time"
"TBA"

Yeah....very 'informative'
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-02-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnwerefox View Post
No kidding. The IP address of that site says it's from the US, but the interview reads like it got shoved through Google Translate from English to Arabic and then back to English.

EDIT: ROFL... on the top banner menu... The plural of "Beta" is not "Beta's"
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Why interview Stahl at all these days,the only answers you get are:

"After Season (insert number)"
"No plans at this time"
"TBA"

Yeah....very 'informative'
Well, knowing it won't be coming for Season 6 is at least knowing it won't be there for Season 6. If it was ipmortant to you, you know that's an update you can "skip" (e.g. cancel a gold subscription and/or play something else).

And every other time they talked about stuff beyond the next season, weren't we disappointed anyway in the end. There are so many things that can or need to be done - and I doubt that they know which will be done before they start actively working on the season that will introduce it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-02-2012, 11:50 PM
This interview was shockingly bad.

It is easy to blame Dan for giving the answers that he has, but frankly these are questions that have been asked over and over in other places.

Dan's enthusiasm last year was infectious and turned out to be dangerous. We all felt let down by his willingness to share intentions and long term development goals. Now that bit wiser he doesn't make any claims he can't deliver on soon. If interviwers haven't picked that up yet then the fault is with them.

From my perspective the fault here lies with the interviewers asking the questions that they did. I could have written those answers for Cryptic. The questions could have been much better.

More sensible questions might have related to new vault event, or asking for more detail on things Cryptic have declared they are working on. Like, "So when are we going to get a picture of a Tholian"?