Lt. Commander
# 1 Project Chrylisis
05-03-2012, 09:42 AM
im stuck on the 4th part of this doff mission. ive been looking for it for over 3 weeks now. i was told it popped in beta ursa, alpha tri and zeta andromeda as well as the clusters in these areas. no luck at all. ive been going below deck checking there as well, still nothing.

i need help please as this is the only chain i have left to do.

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
I have been having the same problem. I thought I was just unlucky. I can only check just before and just after noon (EST), so maybe it is only appearing during other time slots?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't know - it took me forever to find the 3rd mission, and after a patch I finally got it on April 6.

I am stuck on #4 and have been looking for over a month now; perhaps I'm extremely unlucky, but like the OP, this is the only chain mission I don't have completed.

Yes, I know it's a rare mission, yes, I know it's a Development category and in Cardassian space, and even though stowiki only lists ZA as a known place to get it, I check all clusters, sectors, personal, department heads, - even in the Badlands, Bajor space and ground, DS9 space, ground & trader.

I am sometimes on frequently at different times of the day, sometimes skip a day, but almost regularly at least check the DOffJobs spreadsheet, although I believe most of the users are past that step, I still have not seen it - EVER!

Not sure -- it took well over a month for me to find step 3, which is only an uncommon mission, so maybe it takes 2-3 months for the rare to pop? Hope not!

Heretic - is there anything we're missing?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Given the various reports, I checked this out, and there may actually be a genuine issue. I am still looking into it, and if there winds up being an issue I will get a fix for it as soon as the build pipeline allows.

EDIT: Okay, so without going into gruesome technical details, the assignment is set to have a chance to show up in any of the Cardassian sectors, but for some of those aforementioned gruesome technical details, it isn't showing up in the Cardassian star cluster maps, just the three main Cardassian block maps. Which, combined with the Rare, explains why it is showing up more rarely than anticipated. I will be seeing when I can get this remedied.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Given the various reports, I checked this out, and there may actually be a genuine issue. I am still looking into it, and if there winds up being an issue I will get a fix for it as soon as the build pipeline allows.

EDIT: Okay, so without going into gruesome technical details, the assignment is set to have a chance to show up in any of the Cardassian sectors, but for some of those aforementioned gruesome technical details, it isn't showing up in the Cardassian star cluster maps, just the three main Cardassian block maps. Which, combined with the Rare, explains why it is showing up more rarely than anticipated. I will be seeing when I can get this remedied.
THANK YOU!!! - For looking into it, for figuring out the problem, for trying to get it in the pipeline, and for sparing us the gruesome technical details, which would probably lead to a long and helpful chain of input on how to solve it.

I can't tell you how badly I wanted to finish this chain. (Now watch, it will pop tonight when I log in. lol)
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBringer1
im stuck on the 4th part of this doff mission. ive been looking for it for over 3 weeks now. i was told it popped in beta ursa, alpha tri and zeta andromeda as well as the clusters in these areas. no luck at all. ive been going below deck checking there as well, still nothing.

i need help please as this is the only chain i have left to do.

any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Thanks for posting this - I searched the forum several times and thought since no one else seemed to have a problem, it was just my 'statistical' luck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:

Thanks very much for looking into it, and communicating with us about it Heretic!

You rock.

-J
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-10-2012, 08:24 AM
yes, thank you for the info... i'll keep looking but still have not found the 4th chain. maybe one day...
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:

There was nothing referenced in the patch notes, so it might have just been a coincidence, but I was finally able to grab this mission after the patch yesterday. It showed up this morning (4am-8am EDT session).

So if you snuck a fix in there, YAY!! for everyone.

If it was just "lucky" and the rarer-than-meant-to-be mission just happened to finally hit, then still YAY!! for me, I'm happy But, I hope it gets fixed soon for those who weren't available to pick it up. I empathize for anyone still waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Heretic ----

I think you must have done something!!!! I had several chains on some Alts that were "stuck". On Friday they all started popping like crazy. Maybe its just coincidence but stuff that should have showed up a month ago finally did.