Lt. Commander
# 11
05-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshower
Your ships survivability is now even more dependant on your crews abilitiy to maintain. If they are dead I presume you wont have a ship to run. My torpedo boats now how some viability?! Discuss collectivly

science vessel now are definitely useless...
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Evidently crew may now be cross-linked to how your ship performs in certain areas, such as healing.
More crew better heals > less crew worse heals.
Was that in the release notes? I didn't see that.

Here's what I read:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Release Notes
Resistance to subsystem offline scales as a percentage of your remaining Crew, based on your Subsystem Repair skill.

You must keep your current Ready Crew % high in order to gain full benefit from your "Subsystem Repair" skill.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
well, don't bother with subsystem repair

0 crew X 99 =0
Exactly my thoughts as well. Lucky i stopped speccing for them. If the subsystem repair trait from my 5 veteran boffs work ill be happy enough anyway
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang

Here's what I read:
I thought i read that as well, not that it would affect your heals or anything....
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
Quote:

Here's what I read:
General concept of crew is that they help with subsystems, Hull repair and other ship abilities and that when reduced in number these areas are adversely effected.

Crew has been a feature that has not been greatly supported ingame for the most part and only showed any effects in situations where a crew was reduced to near zero or zero and the ship could not heal itself but at the same time would not die.

Most players ignored crew as a factor on thier ships in the past. Now it seems it has more of an active effect.

I have edited my earlier post to reflect hull heals.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
General concept of crew is that they help with subsystems, Hull repair and other ship abilities and that when reduced in number these areas are adversely effected.

Crew has been a feature that has not been greatly supported ingame for the most part and only showed any effects in situations where a crew was reduced to near zero or zero and the ship could not heal itself but at the same time would not die.

Most players ignored crew as a factor on thier ships in the past. Now it seems it has more of an active effect.

I have edited my earlier post to reflect hull heals.
I thought the relationship between crew and hull repairs have always been like that.

Your posts earlier made it seem like they changed something with how hull heals work.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
I thought the relationship between crew and hull repairs have always been like that.

Your posts earlier made it seem like they changed something with how hull heals work.
I was under the impression that hull was suppossed to help hull heals but actually had little effect (up until now) on how well you actually where able to heal.
I could have been wrong but I heal the same wether at full crew or little crew. Or at least that seemed th case.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-04-2012, 01:08 PM
the actual heal number from any ability heals is never effected by crew. illegally the passive heal is dependent on % alive, and now your subsystem repair rate too
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the actual heal number from any ability heals is never effected by crew. illegally the passive heal is dependent on % alive, and now your subsystem repair rate too
So, nothing too worry some then? Since I don't have any points in subsystem repair anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
So, nothing too worry some then? Since I don't have any points in subsystem repair anyways.
i wouldn't say that, considering a phaser proc dropping your shields being just about the most deadly thing there is. sci ships with VM and subsystem targeting buffed my doffs can easily keep your subsystesm constantly befuddled, leaving you completely infective and vulnerable. now there literally is no defense against it if your crew % is low