Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Okay...so i know there are those that would say...who cares? Also, I'm hoping anyone that reads this will be cool and NOT go and do it...

Currently, you can replicate a remodulator (free) and turn around and sell it on the exchange...the problem? people are buying em! I'm sorry... not trying to get all hollier than now... but this is taking advantage of newer players who don't know better...

But as a one time new player to this game (1) there is a step learning curve and (2) 1000 EC is actually a lot of early game characters...

Granted... there isn't a clear mission or explanation of who/why/where you can replicate a remodulator... which there should be... but i digress

Hopefully there will be a fix or something that would allow for the remodulator to be bound...

Thx
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Looks like I found me a new grind...
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2012, 11:24 PM
The entire first, second and third page on the exchange are priced below 1,000 EC (most are under 500, and the entire first page is under 10 EC).

Besides, 1000 EC really isn't a lot for a new player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcarson
Hopefully there will be a fix or something that would allow for the remodulator to be bound...
Thx
And then I wont be able to trade them to people in STFs when I come across someone who doesn't have one
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstrosity22
The entire first, second and third page on the exchange are priced below 1,000 EC (most are under 500, and the entire first page is under 10 EC).

Besides, 1000 EC really isn't a lot for a new player.

And then I wont be able to trade them to people in STFs when I come across someone who doesn't have one
# 5
05-05-2012, 06:21 AM
trade and selling useless goods or something they can get someplace else cheaper to stupid consumers is what the world economy is based on why should STO be any different lol
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2012, 08:23 AM
lol @ 1000 EC = much.

C'mon. First time i player this game and reached VA I had 5M ec just by selling stuff.

A simple common shield drop will give u like 30/60K EC or whatever.

Lets get back to the real issues of this game shall we?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2012, 08:43 AM
I actually see the reverse quite often with cstore and dil store items listed on the exchange and folks not aware of them. The uncommons used for crafting come to mind. Liberated borg boff is the other main one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
# 9
05-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobstrosity22
Like I said, the entire first page is priced below 5 EC. And also like I said, 1000 EC -is not- a lot even for a new player.
I bet you like to sell people feces in real life. "Hey bro, here's a bag of ****, only $5, real cheap. What you mean you can dump it yourself for free? This cheap stuff."
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
I bet you like to sell people feces in real life. "Hey bro, here's a bag of ****, only $5, real cheap. What you mean you can dump it yourself for free? This cheap stuff."
trolololol much dude?

Are you guys REALLY getting bent out of shape because there are *gasp* remodulators that cost a whole ONE EC in the exchange?!?!?

You could have picked something better to complain about, like all the hypos and regens that are going for double what you can buy them for from a vendor.

Wow. Just wow.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2hhdl50.jpg

UT OH! They're up to 4 EC. Better call the WHO CARES police because obviously this is price gouging in the extreme, and needs to be stopped to protect the cash strapped newbs of the game.