Lt. Commander
# 21
05-05-2012, 08:50 AM
I am of mixed opinion regarding the reveal. I love big, expansive, games and that's something TES has always been. However, this game seems to throw away everything that really made the TES series unique in favor of copying a WOW model of play and that's really disheartening.

Forget the sandbox folks, according to the reveal we are back to trinity classes favoring healers, hotbar auto attacks, set appearances from gear so everyone looks the same, no housing, limited crafting, third person...

I don't WANT WOW 2.0. I didn't want it for SWTOR and I don't want it for TES. So, I am not sure I am going to look forward to this game's release.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-05-2012, 09:09 AM
It's on PC and Mac. What does that tell you Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Whats the point of a TES game where you can't put 80085 on that <insert name here>?

I think many TES players play the games more for the mods then the original content.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Should be a great game. Hopefully they wont make lock picks micro transaction items. Seriously, that would bite so hardcore who would do that?

Should be a good game though, All of the elder scrolls games were nothing short of amazing. I can't play any of them without wandering around lost in the beautiful environments.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Should be a good game though, All of the elder scrolls games were nothing short of amazing. I can't play any of them without wandering around lost in the beautiful environments.
By some miracle, I always manage to roam in the correct direction on the first try. I don't know how I manage it. I guess I have a knack to follow the subtle clues that are programmed in. In Skyrim I managed to roam aimlessly and still bump into pretty much every recruitable companion right away. It was getting obnoxious after a while, I was thinking that everyone in the game was a follower.

I go into a random mining outpost and some woman wants to leave her husband to follow me around the wilderness, and she doesn't even have a weapon beyond a pickaxe! I'm a dangerous man around npcs. Still need some work on the pc front though, hrmm.