Lt. Commander
# 1 MASTER master key
05-03-2012, 03:04 PM
How many of these ferenghi lockboxes need to be passed on in loot rolls and sold on the exchange for 1 credit before higher ups make a change. When I first started playing (last week) I bought a few cstore credits to open a couple. Got a few duty officer packs but after 1000 c points dissapeared I said the rate is not good for me and wont buy again. Keep the boxes drop rate up. Make all the items BOP inside. And sell a C-Store master master key for 100.00 bucks. I would buy that . Help my new guys lvl up faster with more duty officers and better ships. Just a thought. What ya think?

Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2012, 06:55 PM
no one else? just me then i guess
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Your the only one man! Sorry I am not going to pay $100.00 for a master key. I got my D'Kora but it cost me about $75.00 which is three times its worth! But I love the ship wish I would have paid less for it. Now with that said I do not like the idea of paying a lot to get something for free. I think they need to lower the prices on the lock box to a more reasonable price. A $1.25 per key is a bit high.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I'd have bought a D'kora had they just put it on the C-store for 2k.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemotherapy
I'd have bought a D'kora had they just put it on the C-store for 2k.
This ^

The OP makes a very solid point here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivekohgr View Post
How many of these ferenghi lockboxes need to be passed on in loot rolls and sold on the exchange for 1 credit before higher ups make a change.
They need to do something different.
If a superior master key worked for every lockbox released, and all future ones... maybe. $100 is an awfully large pricetag though. But, since you'd only need to buy one, and never need to buy keys again, I doubt they'd go for that.
Good suggestion. Perhaps something that might spark an idea for them along those lines.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2012, 08:34 PM
The problem- if you can call it that- is that Cryptic is making money the same way an ant eats an elephant's ***. It's frustrating for some people. But, Cryptic probably makes more money on keys than they would have if they had just sold the ship on the C-store for $20.00USD. For every person that gripes about lock boxes, on the forums, there are probably 100 people that will impulsively spring for a key or two. Multiply that by every box that drops and you've got real money.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2012, 01:34 AM
Sell a weapon in the C-store that destroys every single lock box before the collect menu comes up. People will pay for that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2012, 01:54 AM
If they did sell MASTER Master Keys for 100 bucks, I doubt I would buy one. But when you think about what it would do ingame? Even the "Uncommon" boxes would jump in value, the key holders would be snapping them out of the Exchange like hot cakes as they'd finally be worth opening. This would then make anything you can sell from the boxes on the Exchange to drop steeply in price on the Exchange. That also means they'd have an infinate number of lobi crystals and anything in the Lobi Store would drop in price in the exchange too.

In short, said key would give the owners a licance to print ingame money. And bring the exchange prices of the newer items down to a more friendly price.

It'll probably never happen, but it's interesting to imagine the results.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-08-2012, 05:14 AM
Make each box only have one lobi crystal. Then there precious items would be protected. Also dont see a problem in cheaper items on Exchange and sharing the wealth with all tier of players.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-08-2012, 05:20 AM
If the key guarantees me a ship once every lock box round, remains in my inventory forever and comes with a Jem'hadar ship, I would buy it for 50 USD...

If not... they can still hide their lockboxes with their installment for sitting down.