Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
What kind of pet? Siphon Drones! But wait, there are non for the Fed carrier..
WHAT?

Are you telling me the ones I bought off the exchange before the big patch are now useless? Crap.
I'm not worried about the EC as they are still unbound, and I can probably get most of my money back, but I also have a full spec in flow capacitors. That's SP down the drain (excuse the pun) as I was gonna change up my boff skills. Before I was gonna run a modified Kar'fi drain build, but just now someone reminded me that power siphon drones are good enough by themselves, so I was gonna change to an eff you build with grav well and such and have the dones do most of the power drain, but now I'm not sure what to do. None of the boff skills are really all that good at power drain. At least not a good as the drones.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I run Blue peregrines and Blue deltas.

works pretty well, when they listen to me.

If theres another Atrox in the group they seem to bug out and go help the other guy for a while unless i have them set on recall. but then they just sit there doing nothing.....
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuard
Hi folks,

I just used my new carrier in some elite STFs and now I am wondering about the right pet layout. So far the Peregrine Fighters are winning in my humble opinion, but I would like a little bit more input, before I go and invest some hard earned dilithium.

Thanks in advance for any input from you
I suggest checking this thread out.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...45#post4197945
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskofan1991
WHAT?

Are you telling me the ones I bought off the exchange before the big patch are now useless? Crap.
I'm not worried about the EC as they are still unbound, and I can probably get most of my money back, but I also have a full spec in flow capacitors. That's SP down the drain (excuse the pun) as I was gonna change up my boff skills. Before I was gonna run a modified Kar'fi drain build, but just now someone reminded me that power siphon drones are good enough by themselves, so I was gonna change to an eff you build with grav well and such and have the dones do most of the power drain, but now I'm not sure what to do. None of the boff skills are really all that good at power drain. At least not a good as the drones.
Unfortunatly they can't be equiped by Fed Carriers, but they seem to be bugged somewhat at the moment anyhow.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I run a squad of Blue Pere's and a squad of Blue Stalkers, in STFs...Seems like a nice balance
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtbob
I'm not seeing the green deltas firing Tachyon Beam. The advanced stalkers also seem like they would be better against shields than the deltas, with antiproton sweepx3 every ~20 seconds.

All the fighters still pop when their target explodes =x
Happens KDF side, too, It's why I have Tractor Beam Repulsors on all my carriers, to push exploding ships away.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Well I'm now seeing the deltas use the tachyon beam. Even on normal NPCs the ability is lackluster.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-06-2012, 01:36 AM
In PvP and as far as the green ones are concerned, the Runabouts seem to be the best choice. Which is a pity. I'd love to use the Stalkers more, but they seem to be just too fragile and with too low DPS.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
For PvE, I run 2 Advanced Peregrin Fighters

For PvP, I run 1 Advanced Peregrin Fighter and 1 Advanced Danube Class Runabout (For the tractor beam)

(On a side note, in PvP. I found that the shockwave pulse emitted by Aceton Assimilators make short work of fighter pets.) If you come across these, take the fight away from the Assimiltors.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I played around alot with the atrox today both in STF and pvp.

Stalkers. Decent but nothing amazing. The aux shutdown was mildly useful situationally but overall sorta meh.
Peregrine's. This is where it was at for me. phaser spam and torps say hello to good damage.
Shuttles. Didn't even bother seem strictly wiser than Peregrines unless you are sitting in an ape cloud 24/7.
Deltas. Pretty meh... tachyon beam seems to do next to nothing in pvp. Stalkers or Peregrines seemed on par if not better for shield damage. The transphacis are pretty but nothing overly impressive damage wise.
Runabouts... More annoying than anything but damage wise pretty meh. They could be useful if you purely wanted to hold/slow things but pvp. over wise why bother when you can just blow it up... Maybe for nanite spheres but again my sci stuff already holds them pretty well.
Shield reps... sadly didn't try as I ran out if dilithium and didn't feel like testing greens.

Overall if you could only get one blue, make it a Peregrine.