Lt. Commander
I have an idea reguarding drop rates in the STF's. Instead of basing them of randomness, why not base it off score? For Example:

what it should be based on and it will either go toward or agansed the players score:
Kills (Toward)
Deaths (Againsed)
Teamwork (Revivng players on ground or using things like Engineering Team on teammates in space, Towards)
Length of how long it takes players to get the mission done (shorter=toward, longer=againsed)
Optional Objective (Completed towards, failed Againsed)

And once the mission is completed, a scoreboard will show the players overall report and it will be rated in the top 5.
So for example if the team completes the optional on elite and completed the mission fast enough
and the 2 players that have the highest score (most kills/least deaths etc).
The top 2 players have a 50/50 chance of getting either a prototype salvage or tech drop, the middle will have a 25% chance of getting either
a rare salvage/tech or a proto salvage/tech, and the bottom 2 will have a 50/50 chance of getting a rare salvage/tech.
Same mechanics apply with the normals as well except the bottom players will have a 50/50
chance of either a common tech or something else, and if your team does bad (fails optional, takes a long time to complete
mission etc.) the top 2 players have a 50/50 chance of getting a salvage/tech drop (common or rare depending on the mission
difficulty) and the others will get a random drop. And this skill revamp will have a side effect because it will ecourge
players to do better on these missions thus making better players.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-07-2012, 04:33 PM
well. I think the drop rates should just be increased, and there is no need for complications.

also kills as an advantage... I dont see it. I run a good dps setup (I would like to believe), but I do not kill that many enemies. lots of times I just fly towards them, deal loads of damage, and carry my momentum towards the next objects, leaving the other enemies for my team to finish. dps wise I would deal the most, but I would not get the kills. also there is the question wich is more important? killing, or repairing. also, with a good cruiser I would say, one would not get many kills. I mean for me, a good cruiser attracts attention, has high threat level, so the dps skills are not really high, because skillpoints went somewhere else. I love them, because they take lots of dmg off of my shoulders. still they would not get much points, since they need their healing abilities for themselves
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Personally, I don't see this as being a good idea. There is already a serious lack of teamwork in pug STF's. Basing drops on individual scores would just encourage more 'in it for me' types to ignore tactics for victory and go for the kills to increase their personal drop chances.

A good STF team needs a mix of ships, if everyone going in is running nothing but mega DPS flying bombs and no one is willing to fly in with a tank that can lead the way with a big shoot me sign to clear the path while doing a lower rate of damage, everyone's drops will suffer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-09-2012, 07:00 AM
If this was done in one like ka, where there are spawns need taking out everyone would want to do that for the easy kill credits from the probes, instead of workiing on actually finishing the stf

Also ships like healing sci ships and cruisers for threat would always get less rewards, and the ships in damage rolls would always get the best rewards. It would make it pointless to take a healing or tanking ship into a stf as there would be very little chance of getting the tech you needed.