Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
05-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight1000
Considering you need to do 25 levels just to get to the Klingon side, is it any wonder people don't go awesome, now to start over from scratch.

If the only way to be a Klingon is to be an alt, isn't it obvious why few people play KDF. Heck even I'm moving further and further away from KDF because all my friends won't make the switch.
^This... Why are there more Feds than Klinks? Well let's see... You need to have a Fed before you can even HAVE A KLINK... It is a self fulfilling prophecy. After grinding 25 levels on your Fed you may not even WANT to bother with a second character, let alone one on a faction you know nothing about by comparison.

Just let folks start off with either faction and we will start to see some different numbers right off.
Ensign
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1
# 12 DITCH the KDF
08-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Seriously.. The KDF isn't INTERESTING. The game hijacks the currently accepted canon of Star Trek. Just update to a current canon model and all will be better. Make KDF a Federation ALLY, and make Dominion and Borg the enemy. I'm telling you this will work!

They hijacked the timeline because they want to keep the doors open for EXPANSIONS, but what they need to do is expand it NOW.

I die within 3-6 seconds of encountering a KDF ship in PvP and I am lvl 42. That's just not right.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,202
# 13
08-05-2012, 03:44 PM
Notice the repeating pattern here Cryptic. The fed toon requirement is killing the KDF. GET RID OF IT
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 111
# 14
08-06-2012, 02:59 AM
I would personally love for the KDF to get some lower level missions to fill in the missing levels and drop the Fed level requirements altogether. I play KDF almost exclusively and the experience is....lackluster, but the Klingons are far more interesting than the Federation for me from a Star Trek Fan standpoint.

Give us some love here, will ya? What others in the thread have said isn't them talking out of their hind ends. The Klingons need to be a full faction, not just an afterthought like they have been.

And before anyone says it, including the Cryptic devs, Klingons are not supposed to be Bonus play. Calling them that is just simple bull****.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,200
# 15
08-06-2012, 03:49 AM
Showing the Klingons some love just isn't in the cards. We all sometimes forget this is a business. Unless and until PWE/Cryptic comes up with a way to make the Klingon faction as profitable as the Fed side is, additional KDF content is a no go. Not because the Devs do not want to. Not because somebody "hates" the Klingons. Not because they are busy working up the Romulans. Or the Borg. Or the Iconians.

PWE/Cryptic is in this for the money. As would anyone else be as well. You want more Klingon content? Vote with your money, then. Start buying KDF stuff. Using Real Money. If we are not not willing to do this, then we really have no reason to complain about the lack of KDF content. If we do begin to purchase KDF stuff it draws the attention of Sales and Marketing. Who are probably the ones really driving this train. Cynical? Sure am.

And this would be the point where someone asks why should they spend Real Money on a "Free" game? Nothing is free. Not lunch. Not life. Not expression. Everything has a cost. We can write reams of posts about STO which accomplish nothing at all. Take a good look around these forums. How many excellent ideas have you seen, which would improve the game, that have been used ingame already? We can threaten to stop playing STO. Since most of us are F2Pers anyway, this is a hollow threat. PWE/Cryptic loses no profit over us rage-quitting. We have to give them a reason to care about the KDF. So we hook them with money. And when we have them addicted to us spending Real Money on KDF content, then we can ask for more. Then they'll listen. Yes, it really is this simple.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 111
# 16
08-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
Showing the Klingons some love just isn't in the cards. We all sometimes forget this is a business. Unless and until PWE/Cryptic comes up with a way to make the Klingon faction as profitable as the Fed side is, additional KDF content is a no go. Not because the Devs do not want to. Not because somebody "hates" the Klingons. Not because they are busy working up the Romulans. Or the Borg. Or the Iconians.

PWE/Cryptic is in this for the money. As would anyone else be as well. You want more Klingon content? Vote with your money, then. Start buying KDF stuff. Using Real Money. If we are not not willing to do this, then we really have no reason to complain about the lack of KDF content. If we do begin to purchase KDF stuff it draws the attention of Sales and Marketing. Who are probably the ones really driving this train. Cynical? Sure am.

And this would be the point where someone asks why should they spend Real Money on a "Free" game? Nothing is free. Not lunch. Not life. Not expression. Everything has a cost. We can write reams of posts about STO which accomplish nothing at all. Take a good look around these forums. How many excellent ideas have you seen, which would improve the game, that have been used ingame already? We can threaten to stop playing STO. Since most of us are F2Pers anyway, this is a hollow threat. PWE/Cryptic loses no profit over us rage-quitting. We have to give them a reason to care about the KDF. So we hook them with money. And when we have them addicted to us spending Real Money on KDF content, then we can ask for more. Then they'll listen. Yes, it really is this simple.
This sort of mentality puts the KDF in to a catch-22. You say that they won't add more content until more players join the KDF and I'm of the mind that more players will not join the KDF until more content is added.

As for buying stuff for the KDF, there really is very little TO buy
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 17
08-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpxxx View Post
I die within 3-6 seconds of encountering a KDF ship in PvP and I am lvl 42. That's just not right.
Then the issue may lie in your build or skill level instead of the KDF player you encounter. They may just be more experienced at PvP than you so the concept that your dying to one is not right is not right. This is not the TV shows or Movies. Victory in PvP is up the players not scripting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdon7 View Post
This sort of mentality puts the KDF in to a catch-22. You say that they won't add more content until more players join the KDF and I'm of the mind that more players will not join the KDF until more content is added.

As for buying stuff for the KDF, there really is very little TO buy
You are correct.
I've personally bought all I can and still continue to spend money on my KDF toons, so the whole " We need more money spent of the KDF before they spend money to expand the KDF" is a BS excuse they give to push us aside.
If they gave the KDF more content then many would try and stick with thier KDF alts or even primary toons.
The Devs blaiming the whole lack of KDF revenue on the playerbase is wrong as if the faction had been done properly and given better gameplay many more KDF players would have stuck around to play thier toons.
As it is, according to one poll, many STO players actaully play thier KDF/fed toons equally. SO how does this not show that more for the KDF would bring more revenue is what I ask?
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 109
# 18
08-06-2012, 06:02 AM
People saying that nothing is happening for the Klingons are pretty bad liars.
From the top of my Head I could point at the things that they have gotten in tandem with the Federation which shows that they actually do get a lot of attention. What could be said is that the feds are getting a better treatment in total (More Fleet Ships and actual discount on some of theirs).

On the other hand the Klingons did get an exclusive mission and that gives me hope for more.

Furthermore there is a lot of blatant bull****ting going on by people that only have their view of things.

I started with FTP and once my Fed reached 25 I went straight over to Klingon. My first klingon character is 50 and the 2nd 49 by now (I am a on and off player) while my Fed character has barely reached 46.

For all intents and purposes I feel that the fed side is a boring slugfest with a bloated community and enjoy the klingons far more, what I would realy want is actually MORE escalation against the feds storyline wise and, if there is some time in season 8+) a complete revamp of PvP (which for me is dead anyway because it is either a stomp in one way or another with P2W thrown in. A real monster that should get put down).
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 19
08-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Then the issue may lie in your build or skill level instead of the KDF player you encounter. They may just be more experienced at PvP than you so the concept that your dying to one is not right is not right. This is not the TV shows or Movies. Victory in PvP is up the players not scripting.


You are correct.
I've personally bought all I can and still continue to spend money on my KDF toons, so the whole " We need more money spent of the KDF before they spend money to expand the KDF" is a BS excuse they give to push us aside.
If they gave the KDF more content then many would try and stick with thier KDF alts or even primary toons.
The Devs blaiming the whole lack of KDF revenue on the playerbase is wrong as if the faction had been done properly and given better gameplay many more KDF players would have stuck around to play thier toons.
As it is, according to one poll, many STO players actaully play thier KDF/fed toons equally. SO how does this not show that more for the KDF would bring more revenue is what I ask?
Well said Roach I am personally running out of things to buy myself.

I agree, if they spent the money, they would gain the money, but the half-ass stuff they do is not what we as a community and customers deserve.

Plus we all know DStahl is pro-Federation and has admitted he only plays his own KDF character for testing out new content, um what new content I ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechserpackung View Post
For all intents and purposes I feel that the fed side is a boring slugfest with a bloated community and enjoy the klingons far more, what I would realy want is actually MORE escalation against the feds storyline wise and, if there is some time in season 8+) a complete revamp of PvP (which for me is dead anyway because it is either a stomp in one way or another with P2W thrown in. A real monster that should get put down).
To be totally honest the Federation side needs to be less, well, Klingon. All these missions and they are totally just about fighting. Yes they should have action but not to the extent to what a Klingon crew would do. They need more puzzles, challenges and diplomatic missions. If fans are not into that, well then there are the KDF, who are more about honourable combat and all that.

The KDF also needs more missions, more Fek'lhri (where did these guys really come from, are they really the mythological beings of Klingon legend or some sort of cloned army for something else), Hurq, Undine (The KDF did uncover them, perhaps mix it in with the Federation war campaign, exposing Undine in the Federation), A Cardassian campaign (perhaps an invasion of Cardassia) and a Romulan or Hirogen campaign. Really if the Dev's put a little bit of effort into it, had any sort of vision I am sure they could really make STO a game to stand out in the MMO market. However with SWTOR going F2P in November I fear STO is really going to feel the pinch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16
# 20
08-06-2012, 06:24 AM
Im sure looking forward to playing my kdf character soon,
all though been kind of bizzy with earning profits (FED side)
and now also getting into using the foundry.

Im looking forward to it because,
I want to play the bad guy aswell, covert and sneaky traits

I have a suggestion,
make elite episodes lines with being different races and history.
Just as you did with the early klingon episode line,
you take the form and tech of that particular race / history event
during the course of the episode missions you get the oppertunity
to get the shot at unlocking these races, ships and items, if all done well (on elite)
and then, for lets say starting at 200-500 zen.
So its kind of a stage rocket, you have to unlock the possibility to buy,
and the road there should be elite with help of others.

Now you could make this kdf only until rank 50, as a villain expansion
that could have its own sub-faction, being both vilain-fed or vilain-kdf
that you choose at rank 50.

Certainly a welcomed open discussion, looking forward to seeing more.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 AM.