# 21
05-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the response back so maco it is
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaran
The only problem with mixed weapons is you only have four BOFFS. That's why it's better to either go all beam or all turret, at least in the support role. If you go all beam, you use BOL, DEM, and FAW. If you go all turret, you go Rapid Fire and Scatter Volley. Not as big of an issue in the tank role, as you'll prolly have more heal type abilities than offensive ones.

You can't get both CRF and CSV as the Tac Boff station is only Lt...it's one or the other.

The beams allow me to make use of target subsystem attacks and I prefer running FAW or TT in the Ensign slot and CRF in the Lt.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I have heard that all cannon types are working on it as well (probably forgot to delete them when they copied the Vo'quv stat file onto it)

No idea if it's true as I don't have one to test.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm not sure why anyone would load cannons on her...she turns far too slowly to ever have a prayer of keeping targets in the front arc long enough for the cannons to be of any real use.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes-Fist-At-Sky
I'm not sure why anyone would load cannons on her...she turns far too slowly to ever have a prayer of keeping targets in the front arc long enough for the cannons to be of any real use.
STF's with gates would make it work well.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-05-2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapey
STF's with gates would make it work well.
That seems extremely situational. I'll try it the next time I run one.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakes-Fist-At-Sky
You can't get both CRF and CSV as the Tac Boff station is only Lt...it's one or the other.

The beams allow me to make use of target subsystem attacks and I prefer running FAW or TT in the Ensign slot and CRF in the Lt.
You're right of course, I keep mixing up Vo'quv and Atrox design details. Looks like the all turret build that's so popular with many Vo'quv pilots just won't work as well Fed side. But I have said in every post that I recommend the all beam boat for subsystem targeting anyways. I don't use anything but all beams on my KDF carriers.

People keep losing sight of the fact that the carrier takes backseat to the fighters in terms of doing damage. The carrier should do everything to help the fighters kill faster. Dropping the target's shields is the main objective, regardless of build.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halaran
People keep losing sight of the fact that the carrier takes backseat to the fighters in terms of doing damage. The carrier shuold do everything to help the fighters kill faster. Dropping the target's shields is the main objective, regardless of build.
While thats true, its hard to take this seriously when you kill something and your whole fighter squad decides to sit around and watch the 'boom!' and go up in flames themselves. Also the fed carrier seems to be suffering from some of the old klingon carrier bugs, like where they wont keep up, they wont launch/go to attack at a range of 15, or some times just sit there till your getting beat on.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
While thats true, its hard to take this seriously when you kill something and your whole fighter squad decides to sit around and watch the 'boom!' and go up in flames themselves. Also the fed carrier seems to be suffering from some of the old klingon carrier bugs, like where they wont keep up, they wont launch/go to attack at a range of 15, or some times just sit there till your getting beat on.
That's where experience helps. As a long-time KDF carrier pilot, with two toons using Vo'quvs, I know what to expect out of my fighters and know when to recall them. I also use Tractor Beam Repulsors to push exploding ships away.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I have been wanting to know, would the carrier work for a Tac officer who is just looking for somthing to foolaround with? Missions and normal STF's?