Lt. Commander
# 1 Idea of a Romulan PvP Fleet
03-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Greetings,

I am very excited about the new faction, I guess you all, too. I was wondering on the new faction and how its PvP will look like. I mean the queues, the ships, maybe new gears. I do not know, but I like romulan so I am looking forward to it.

Nevertheless, I was thinking about a Fleet that is PvP oriented. This is for every PvP players. Especially for those players, who play in PvP alone, have no fleet at all. Also for those who have fleet and play in premade teams. So really for everyone.

I have read the "Ask Cryptic" and seen that every romulan player must choose their side in fed-kdf war. Also that, the fleet is opened for those, who chose the same ally that the fleet has. I was wondering about a fed-romulan fleet.

Here that I have already thought:

Firstly, the leadership and the ranks. I suppose the best to hold the romulan style. That means the leadership like as the Senate (what could include the founders of the fleet and later more players), and the Preator, who is voted by the Senate, would coordinate the operation of the Senate. The Senate would decide by voting as I said it above. Further to determine the rules and to choose the Preator. The Preator would be elected for 2 or 3 months. Then a new one would be chosen.

Secondly, the ranks, as I think it would look like (distributed to the 7 ranks):
Rank7 is the "Preator". (The Moderator of the Senate. Elected from the Senators and by the Senators.)
Rank6 is the "Senator". (Member of the Senate, one of the founders or committed players to help in growing and developing.)
Rank5 is the "Admiral" . (This rank for those players, who are veterans in PvP or Coaches on PvP Boot Camp.)
Rank4 is the "Commander" . (This rank for those players, who has great experience in PvP, because, for example playing for a long time.)
Rank3 is the "Subcommander" . (This rank for those players, who are advanced players in PvP.)
Rank2 is the "Centurion" . (Completely member of the fleet.)
Rank1 is the "Sublieutenant" . (The probation rank for the new invited players, Probation is approximately 1 week, including that if the player is online and friendly to the fleetmates...)

The third thing is that we would need a website and a TS, I do think both of them would be neccesary, The TS for communicating, the PvP needs communicating in speech, of course, and the fleet meetings, too. To create a website is not really hard, but needs some commitment to do that. But back to the point, on the website there would be everything from our purposes to our rules, and so on.

The orientation of the fleet would still be the PvP. Nothing more or less. It could include maybe house cups for prize or simply just going pvp in premade teams, so they would love better than ever the PvP, if you are in a premade, you have better feelings, I guess, because I have, when an organized team is playing. That is the fun as well as the challenge of the PvP.

Again, I would ask all of you to make your suggestions and ideas if you have. Of course if you would like to help to build this.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or in-game (@Kolln).
----------------------------------------------------
Hussar Guardian Forces
Captain
# 2
03-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Well it would have been fun if we could have rolled nice new Romulan fleets...

However... you pretty much choose your real faction at level 10.

So there it is.... ques are still FvF FvK KvK. Cause really this isn't a new faction at all... just a racial selection with an enhanced starter level.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
# 3
03-31-2013, 05:42 PM
Don't think of it as a new faction, think of it as a few new race unlocks with a token amount of new items & ships.
Captain
# 4
03-31-2013, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Don't think of it as a new faction, think of it as a few new race unlocks with a token amount of new items & ships.
People are going to be annoyed... when they realize the new ships are...

Level 1-10 Romulan bop skin.

2 dual faction Lock box ships + Lobi carrier

lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2013, 05:53 PM
"So when a Romulan creates a Fleet, they are creating a Fleet that is open to Romulans of a chosen allegiance as well as members of that allegiance. Vice-a-versa, they're also free to join existing fleets of their chosen ally."

Here is from the "Ask Cryptic"

It seems to me, we will be able to create romulan fleet as well as to join an existing fed or kdf fleet. So I do not see the point of what you're saying.
Hussar Guardian Forces
Captain
# 6
03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolln95 View Post
"So when a Romulan creates a Fleet, they are creating a Fleet that is open to Romulans of a chosen allegiance as well as members of that allegiance. Vice-a-versa, they're also free to join existing fleets of their chosen ally."

Here is from the "Ask Cryptic"

It seems to me, we will be able to create romulan fleet as well as to join an existing fed or kdf fleet. So I do not see the point of what you're saying.
"...chosen allegiance as well as members of that allegiance"

Romualn feds that start a fleet are in fact starting a federation fleet... the star base will be federation... the unlocks will be federation... the fleet ships will be federation, ect.

If you choose to be a klingon same thing.

What they are really telling you is the only time you are really your own faction is levels 1-10... at level 10 you choose your real faction, Fed or Klink.
Captain
# 7
03-31-2013, 06:28 PM
People really should have read through the Ask Cryptic thread - there's so much bad information being passed around. Hopefully Bran will take some of Dan's clarifications and put them into a post for those that missed them.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm disappointed like many that they're not a distinct faction and all the rest...but there are specifics about what they are being shared that are just off...

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Arcadia, Benthan Assault Cruiser

Last edited by virusdancer; 03-31-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Captain
# 8
03-31-2013, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolln95 View Post
Greetings,

I am very excited about the new faction, I guess you all, too. I was wondering on the new faction and how its PvP will look like. I mean the queues, the ships, maybe new gears. I do not know, but I like romulan so I am looking forward to it.

Nevertheless, I was thinking about a Fleet that is PvP oriented. This is for every PvP players. Especially for those players, who play in PvP alone, have no fleet at all. Also for those who have fleet and play in premade teams. So really for everyone.

I have read the "Ask Cryptic" and seen that every romulan player must choose their side in fed-kdf war. Also that, the fleet is opened for those, who chose the same ally that the fleet has. I was wondering about a fed-romulan fleet.

Here that I have already thought:

Firstly, the leadership and the ranks. I suppose the best to hold the romulan style. That means the leadership like as the Senate (what could include the founders of the fleet and later more players), and the Preator, who is voted by the Senate, would coordinate the operation of the Senate. The Senate would decide by voting as I said it above. Further to determine the rules and to choose the Preator. The Preator would be elected for 2 or 3 months. Then a new one would be chosen.

Secondly, the ranks, as I think it would look like (distributed to the 7 ranks):
Rank7 is the "Preator". (The Moderator of the Senate. Elected from the Senators and by the Senators.)
Rank6 is the "Senator". (Member of the Senate, one of the founders or committed players to help in growing and developing.)
Rank5 is the "Admiral" . (This rank for those players, who are veterans in PvP or Coaches on PvP Boot Camp.)
Rank4 is the "Commander" . (This rank for those players, who has great experience in PvP, because, for example playing for a long time.)
Rank3 is the "Subcommander" . (This rank for those players, who are advanced players in PvP.)
Rank2 is the "Centurion" . (Completely member of the fleet.)
Rank1 is the "Sublieutenant" . (The probation rank for the new invited players, Probation is approximately 1 week, including that if the player is online and friendly to the fleetmates...)

The third thing is that we would need a website and a TS, I do think both of them would be neccesary, The TS for communicating, the PvP needs communicating in speech, of course, and the fleet meetings, too. To create a website is not really hard, but needs some commitment to do that. But back to the point, on the website there would be everything from our purposes to our rules, and so on.

The orientation of the fleet would still be the PvP. Nothing more or less. It could include maybe house cups for prize or simply just going pvp in premade teams, so they would love better than ever the PvP, if you are in a premade, you have better feelings, I guess, because I have, when an organized team is playing. That is the fun as well as the challenge of the PvP.

Again, I would ask all of you to make your suggestions and ideas if you have. Of course if you would like to help to build this.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or in-game (@Kolln).
This is a cool idea, Kolln: A little bit of Role Play and a lot of PvP. Plus, anyone who has PvPed with/against the Hugarian STO contingent knows that this team won't be lackluster. Maybe Mai Kai will find some way to have some recreation PvP battles---so much fun!!!

So since the Romulan characters will have to choose one of the two factions (KDF/Fed), will you require your teams to be all Romulan ships, or will there be flexibility to fly either Fed/KDF ships as well? While we don't have the specs yet, I could imagine some REALLY nasty KDF/Rom teams . . . hmmm. How the Romulan cloak works will be a major factor of course.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2013, 01:13 PM
As we can see now from the second Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog. It is going to be truly a faction from level 1 to 50. Not from 1 to 10. So it is going to come as I thought (I do hope). Further, reading the Blog, when you will have to choose fed or klingon alligance, you will just choose the aid of that ally. Not your real faction at all.

From this point, the idea of a romulan pvp fleet is still worth, I suppose. As I wrote above (in my first comment) that still stands, so I am waiting for constructive suggestions or any idea you have.

I do guess it would deserve a try. A new fleet that is for PvP players only. The game has less fleets, which are oriented to PvP than PvE. Also, this is a new faction with new ships, new missions, new storyline and come on, with new experiences and who knows what else could come, I really hope it will be playable and entertaining for us.

Contact me the above-mentioned ways, if you have any suggestions or ideas.

Thank You,
Hussar Guardian Forces
Captain
# 10
04-04-2013, 01:33 PM
There is no Romulan starbase that I can see. You would still need to choose Fed or KDF and it looks like you will be identified as such for PvP. The level 10 thing is about when you make the choice.