Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
05-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwrath
When at Ker'rat I'm able to vaporize a Vo'quv or a Kar'fi with a devastating surprise alpha strike mocking its escort nearby cloaked, I feel a monster pleasure that only a Fed player can understand.
But I recently prefer to give support to the new Atrox, decloaking for example behind an unsuspecting Bop too busy at shooting and not looking back.
One Atrox can't resist for a long time in a concentrated attack, although an Ing has a much greater chance of tanking compared to a Tac or a Sci, but already a couple of them becomes a serious challenge to the opponents as we Feds know well, used to all the spam launched by the Klinguns carriers.
The secret is to balance and distribute wisely the types of fighters available to create a good mix between two or more Atrox.
I have watched with great pleasure a three Atrox team that must have gotten the picture, they tore apart five bandits hovering helplessly around until they were caught by powerful tractor beams and then inexorably destroyed. From what I saw there were perhaps a Ing, a Tac and a Sci commanding those wonderful ships and I was cloaked enjoying the show, even though I was always ready to intervene.
Better than a front row ticket to the movies!
if a bop is riding a carriers *** long enough for you to move in and take it out they are doing it wrong
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
05-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
In all personal honesty, concerning the Atrox Carrier's pets, the Danube are probobly the most powerful just because of how strong their tractor beam magnitude is per shuttle.

It's probobly the one pet that needs a serious looking into.
I tend to agree, it's not so much the spam that's the problem, as I see it, but the ability on the pets. I appreciate that they make attempts to spice up the utility of the pets and all with drains and tb and such, but it's like they didn't take into account how many pets would be in any given match, and thus failed to balance their respective abilities bearing that in mind.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
In all personal honesty, concerning the Atrox Carrier's pets, the Danube are probobly the most powerful just because of how strong their tractor beam magnitude is per shuttle.

It's probobly the one pet that needs a serious looking into.
And now it's even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.17.20120423a.18

General:
  • Improved the version of tractor beam for each version of the Runabout carrier pet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
05-08-2012, 10:38 PM
im not a tractor beam expert, but doesn't the level of the tracter beam basically make the hold last longer? so instead of 75%-100% uptime on tractering people with TB1 you would have 90%-100% uptime with TB2? regardless of level you are 100% mobilized i know that, dampeners only resists that by like half a %
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
05-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
im not a tractor beam expert, but doesn't the level of the tracter beam basically make the hold last longer? so instead of 75%-100% uptime on tractering people with TB1 you would have 90%-100% uptime with TB2? regardless of level you are 100% mobilized i know that, dampeners only resists that by like half a %
Well, whatever the improvement may be, the change was unnecessary and a step in the wrong direction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
05-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick0
Well, whatever the improvement may be, the change was unnecessary and a step in the wrong direction.
The Patch notes got Edited..They are Tweeking the Danube so that the Rarity of the ship affects the Tractor Beam strength from what I read.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Douche move Cryptic, seriously douche move.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
05-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
The Patch notes got Edited..They are Tweeking the Danube so that the Rarity of the ship affects the Tractor Beam strength from what I read.
They are basically tweaking the Danbue so it does what it was intended to do. E.g. "Danube now working as INtended" but not "Danube working sensible for a PvP game".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
05-09-2012, 02:54 AM
solution for ******n runabouts-

every launch should only launch a single runabout and 2 shuttles, type 8 or 10 depending on rarity. that would cut the tractors and chronos in half at least. maybe do that with deltas too, if people cant spam tractors they might try spamming tach beam and npc transphasics, nip that too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
05-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicshower
if a bop is riding a carriers *** long enough for you to move in and take it out they are doing it wrong
Eh...the Bop too aggressive lacks of caution!:p
And Cryptic, you're doing a wonderful job, more patches like this, please...and don't listen the whimpers of the evil Klinguns...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 AM.