Lt. Commander
The Spotlight on the Foundry Returns! This week’s spotlighted mission is “City of the Polmar Ree” by Alimac30. Read more to learn about this incredible player-made mission.

Click here to read more.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Incredible work on that mission Alimac30. From story line to awesome map creation - I am really impressed.

Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Yay

Question though. You just tweeted about an "invitation" and told people to log in to see. I'm logged...so what am I missing?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Yay

Question though. You just tweeted about an "invitation" and told people to log in to see. I'm logged...so what am I missing?
Close the game, log back in, and you should see the "invitation". If not, try beaming up for down from your current location.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Close the game, log back in, and you should see the "invitation". If not, try beaming up for down from your current location.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Ah! I had been logged in a bit so it didnt come up until I relogged. Nice
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Somehow it dosen't really surprise me, that they choose that mission...

It has already been shown on STOked, so simply emulating that is a easy solution...

One day I hope to see a spotlight that dosen't include a creator from that particular fleet or someone with close connections to them, STOked or Cryptic... All in all... I want to see a mission from someone unknown.

AND please stay away from mine... I don't want to see it end up as PR material.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Somehow it dosen't really surprise me, that they choose that mission...

It has already been shown on STOked, so simply emulating that is a easy solution...

One day I hope to see a spotlight that dosen't include a creator from that particular fleet or someone with close connections to them, STOked or Cryptic... All in all... I want to see a mission from someone unknown.

AND please stay away from mine... I don't want to see it end up as PR material.
Its been shown on STOked and Podcast UGC because its an awesome mission, so I see no problem with it being picked as a Spotlight.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Since it's not the purpose of the spotlight to showcase overlooked missions, but instead showcase the best out there, then this is a good choice, I think.

Congrats to Alimac.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Alimac is one of the best map designers the Foundry has seen, he has a great blog about the creation process and he always seems like an all-around nice guy. I don't see any problem in highlighting his mission.

I wouldn't mind seeing some less well-known authors spotlighted. Plenty of great missions out there that haven't been featured on podcasts or live shows. And I'm not including myself in that since one of my missions got some play on Broadcast UGC (Thanks guys!).

That said, Cryptic, feel free to use mine
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Also, please note that while there was not a KDF spotlighted mission today, the plan is to rotate from week-to-week. You will see a KDF mission spotlighted next week, then Fed the week after, then KDF the week after that etc. This is planned to go on every Friday

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=