Lt. Commander
# 21
05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Meh, played it before spotlight... don't really like the turbolift descent or the wormhole, but other than that, good map.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually prefer Alimac 30's first and third missions to "City of the Polmar Ree." I recommend that everyone try those as well: "The Spirits of Ramok Nor" and "The Mayns of Balnar Moon."
Lt. Commander
# 23 Four Star... for now
05-04-2012, 05:47 PM
The mission was quite interesting; it caught me off guard when the Kling Dahar Master started quizzing me on all the dialog I skipped over (I think that is when it helps to have voice-over). The storyline was good, more in-depth than much of ths stuff from Cryptic (to inlcude recent Episodes). With some more action and a more stream lined storyline (I forgot most of the stuff I read at the beginning , so the big quiz was just trial and error) then I think this would be a fivse star mission.

Good work!
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-04-2012, 06:47 PM
It's interesting to see the reactions of folks who may have honestly been poorly conditioned by the official STO content. "Yeah, yeah, story... who do I need to kill?" "Wait... you expect me to read?" "I want to blow stuff up! Where is my reward! I killed stuff!"

I'm not saying that these reviews are not valid critiques from a normal player of STO. But it does illustrate just how low the expectations are for normal players of Cryptic's STO. They just start tapping F, because that is how this MMO works. They don't expect a story like this.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Fantastic mission to spotlight. I was so impressed by it when I first played it. I hope that the new tech will treat the "spotlight" mission like a feature episode, with a contact that will show up on your available missions that you can accept easily.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
It's interesting to see the reactions of folks who may have honestly been poorly conditioned by the official STO content. "Yeah, yeah, story... who do I need to kill?" "Wait... you expect me to read?" "I want to blow stuff up! Where is my reward! I killed stuff!"

I'm not saying that these reviews are not valid critiques from a normal player of STO. But it does illustrate just how low the expectations are for normal players of Cryptic's STO. They just start tapping F, because that is how this MMO works. They don't expect a story like this.
You do realize that posts like these do more harm to the Foundry than good. Declaring the Foundry to be the best content in the game and the dev content to be junk does not read well nor truly recommend foundry authors to the playerbase. It's off-putting to say the least.

I say this as one who is an avid reader and enjoys well-done Foundry content.

While I enjoy stories with some real text to them, you do have to bear in mind that this is a video game. Anything that stops player involvement for too long or alters the flow of gameplay too much will not be as well received -- even by players who want story. Balancing story with gameplay is tough to do.

I've played a couple of missions where the there were a lot of very lengthy text boxes at each read that did not add quality to the story. In other words, they tried to cram so much backstory in at one time that the mission came dragging to a halt. I worked my way through them and enjoyed the core of the story, but probably won't play them again because so much of the text took me away from the meat of the story instead of drawing me into it.

Promoting the Foundry is a very good thing. Doing so by belittling the dev content defeats the purpose. It leaves a bad taste in players' mouths, especially when so much of what is in the Foundry is not even close to dev quality (while some certainly is ).

In other words, promote the Foundry in a positive way, not by "demonizing" dev content.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64
The mission was quite interesting; it caught me off guard when the Kling Dahar Master started quizzing me on all the dialog I skipped over (I think that is when it helps to have voice-over). The storyline was good, more in-depth than much of ths stuff from Cryptic (to inlcude recent Episodes). With some more action and a more stream lined storyline (I forgot most of the stuff I read at the beginning , so the big quiz was just trial and error) then I think this would be a fivse star mission.

Good work!
Next time use the NPC tab, all the npc dialogue is stored there. I had no trouble finding the answers.

Personally I gave it a 5 star, it was a very unique and well planned mission.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
I believe so, but I think it will be more on a monthly basis that recaps the missions that were in the current month (so it will be towards the end).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Boy, you're really putting the icing on the cake in giving me some incentive to get my KDF Foundry mission done.

I'm aiming to make this thing the best foundry mission STO's ever seen!

Now to keep on topic, I really liked the City of PMR. In fact, I talked to Almac right after it was published and we had a chat about how we both had similar ideas when it came to the Klingons. But his city layout gave me an idea for my next project and I thank him for that input.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-04-2012, 11:16 PM
I liked the use of the pop-up Bulletin that they used ingame .
Good use of that feature .
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post

I'm sorry but that kind of post completely puts me off playing foundry missions. That is such an arrogant viewpoint to suggest such a thing.

I really don't think that this type of foundry superiority attitude is good for the community at all to be honest.

I played the mission and didn't really like it because I'm not a fan of these type of missions but that doesn't mean I just sit there expecting to hit F mindlessly while fighting off hordes of bad guys.