Lt. Commander
# 1 Need some help please
05-04-2012, 01:04 PM
I have a few questions that I need help with. These questions has already probably been asked before and I did try to look for the info but I could not find it. So sorry if this has been asked before and there is already info posted on it.
1. Why is I have skill points and enough to place in certain skills but yet it won't let me?

2. Why does only certain bridge officers get skills points during story missions or PVE missions, while other bridge officers get none and these are the same main bridge officers I use?

3. Is there perhaps a link to a site or perhaps someone has posted on the forums info about the terminology in STO. I know a lot of the info can be looked up in Wiki, but I was hoping for something like a cheat sheet that I can look at or anybody can look at if they need to know what a term is or someone useing short hand in reference to a term , for example: DPS or SDR stands for. IF not I will keeping looking the old fashion way...... research.

Thank you for your time and help.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2012, 01:19 PM
1) Without seeing your character sheet/skill panel, I would guess that likely what is happening is that you've got some skillpoints to spend but have hit your current limit for spending them in space skills. Spend a few in ground for now or wait until you level more. (the opposite could be true, if you are trying to spend them in ground skills and cannot)

2) Your bridge officer points are global and not tied to any one bridge officer. You should be able to freely spend them on your officers' skills as you desire. I don't follow what you may be thinking is giving anything to one officer specifically.

3) The Wiki is probably the best place still, aside from the information you may or may not find useful in the stickied threads. I seem to recall a few months back one user making a "glossary" kind of thread, but I didn't watch it to see if it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2012, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marokkrell
I have a few questions that I need help with. These questions has already probably been asked before and I did try to look for the info but I could not find it. So sorry if this has been asked before and there is already info posted on it.
1. Why is I have skill points and enough to place in certain skills but yet it won't let me?
Its because there is a minimum amount of skills THAT MUST BE SPENT IN EACH CATEGORY. This is to prevent a space oriented character from being useless on the ground. Or a Ground Pounder being useless in space...

It is useful to use the Skill planning tool to help you decided how you want to allocated your skill points in the allowed fashion...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=184995
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2012, 10:20 PM
1) Unless you've already hit VA, it's because you need to spend enough points in ground and space, as was mentioned.

2) I'm also confused at the question, as Boff (Bridge Officer) points are all stored universally and not assigned to a specific Boff, unless you choose to spend them on said Boff.

3) I think this is what synkr0nized was talking about.