Lt. Commander
# 1 Ask Cryptic: May 2012
05-04-2012, 01:31 PM
In this brand-new edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Dan Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Woot, first non-dev post.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Nice job boys!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Nice

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2012, 01:49 PM
my question got answered! im special
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2012, 01:54 PM
"Q: (Akalayus) Is there any solid date or timeframe for when we can expect to see more STFs such as Children of Khan

Dstahl: For those that are unaware, STFs are Special Task Forces are repeatable 5-captain missions that you can queue for anytime. These missions offer unique challenges that can provide drops for high end rewards. For Season 6, we will be adding new Space and Ground 5-captain repeatable missions similar to STFs, however they will be accessed differently than the current queues. Two of them will be accessed through slots on the event timer, and another two will be accessed similar to Red Alerts that can pop up at random times. As far as the specific STF “Children of Khan”, it is not on our current schedule and has been postponed until a future, yet to be determined, update. "

-------

I'd really like to be able to access new content when I have time. Can you please stop making events happen at certain times and let them run continuous?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STFOfficer
"Q: (Akalayus) Is there any solid date or timeframe for when we can expect to see more STFs such as Children of Khan

Dstahl: For those that are unaware, STFs are Special Task Forces are repeatable 5-captain missions that you can queue for anytime. These missions offer unique challenges that can provide drops for high end rewards. For Season 6, we will be adding new Space and Ground 5-captain repeatable missions similar to STFs, however they will be accessed differently than the current queues. Two of them will be accessed through slots on the event timer, and another two will be accessed similar to Red Alerts that can pop up at random times. As far as the specific STF “Children of Khan”, it is not on our current schedule and has been postponed until a future, yet to be determined, update. "

-------

I'd really like to be able to access new content when I have time. Can you please stop making events happen at certain times and let them run continuous?
This is just a lazy, easy way out for Cryptic to "provide hours of new content" the problem is, the "hours" part is waiting for it to come around. Once some forum fanboi cries "It needs to be random" Cryptic will use the minority statement to justify keeping these special events in random rotation.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Awwww, my question went unanswered
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
This is just a lazy, easy way out for Cryptic to "provide hours of new content" the problem is, the "hours" part is waiting for it to come around. Once some forum fanboi cries "It needs to be random" Cryptic will use the minority statement to justify keeping these special events in random rotation.
I'd really like to know why events are on a timer. Cryptic continues to say they've added stuff, but it's like they don't get it from the players perspective. I have 2 hours free, I want to run an event let's say Defera or the Vault shuttle mission. Well it's 2pm and they don't start until 8pm. To bad for me.

I've only been to the Defera ground invasion map once and it was for 15 minutes. There isn't enough content to keep people at end game playing consistently.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-04-2012, 02:17 PM
he ignored important questions about gameplay that many of us made, and picked some ultra important question like "will be more hair styles"?

More hair! we are saved !