Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isror View Post
This is just a lazy, easy way out for Cryptic to "provide hours of new content" the problem is, the "hours" part is waiting for it to come around. Once some forum fanboi cries "It needs to be random" Cryptic will use the minority statement to justify keeping these special events in random rotation.
Season 6 seems more disappointing each day, no Crafting, the "end game" mission are just events, and the changes that they promise for PVP are again, delay.

This game needs new STFs, more PVP and more Crafting! Is really so hard to underestend?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STFOfficer
I'd really like to know why events are on a timer. Cryptic continues to say they've added stuff, but it's like they don't get it from the players perspective. I have 2 hours free, I want to run an event let's say Defera or the Vault shuttle mission. Well it's 2pm and they don't start until 8pm. To bad for me.

I've only been to the Defera ground invasion map once and it was for 15 minutes. There isn't enough content to keep people at end game playing consistently. I'm tired of the STF's.
Oh they get it from the players perspective, but when it comes to these instances, the only opinion that matters are the ones of the players that support what the devs say, no matter how ridiculous. There could be...oh I don't know thousands of players expressing their displeasure for this event system for new content, but ONE person that kisses up to the devs non stop says "WOW! WAY2GO! LUV THE KONTENT!" and the devs are like "SEE THE PLAYER BASE LOVES IT!"
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STFOfficer
"Q: (Akalayus) Is there any solid date or timeframe for when we can expect to see more STFs such as Children of Khan

Dstahl: For those that are unaware, STFs are Special Task Forces are repeatable 5-captain missions that you can queue for anytime. These missions offer unique challenges that can provide drops for high end rewards. For Season 6, we will be adding new Space and Ground 5-captain repeatable missions similar to STFs, however they will be accessed differently than the current queues. Two of them will be accessed through slots on the event timer, and another two will be accessed similar to Red Alerts that can pop up at random times. As far as the specific STF “Children of Khan”, it is not on our current schedule and has been postponed until a future, yet to be determined, update. "

-------

I'd really like to be able to access new content when I have time. Can you please stop making events happen at certain times and let them run continuous?
Between this, the inablity to figure out you been hacked for 1.6 month, and Non drop tech. I think I be moving to GW2 when it comes out.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Season 6 seems more disappointing each day, no Crafting, the "end game" mission are just events, and the changes that they promise for PVP are again, delay.

This game needs new STFs, more PVP and more Crafting! Is really so hard to underestend?
I remember when crafting in a MMO was the sole way of obtaining the "best" equipment...Not luck of the draw among 5 players in an instance (that now many of the new ones will be on event times rather than STF)...It was one of the features of Star Wars Galaxies...Crafting armor, weapons, mods, ect was the way to play. Now its this cookie cutter "Hey I got lucky so now I have the best stuff..."
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Q: (Akalayus) Is there any solid date or timeframe for when we can expect to see more STFs such as Children of Khan

Dstahl: For those that are unaware, STFs are Special Task Forces are repeatable 5-captain missions that you can queue for anytime. These missions offer unique challenges that can provide drops for high end rewards. For Season 6, we will be adding new Space and Ground 5-captain repeatable missions similar to STFs, however they will be accessed differently than the current queues. Two of them will be accessed through slots on the event timer, and another two will be accessed similar to Red Alerts that can pop up at random times. As far as the specific STF “Children of Khan”, it is not on our current schedule and has been postponed until a future, yet to be determined, update.
Really?! STO desperately needs more content in general, and the first move made when a sliver of new content comes out, it is stuck behind a time gate?(in one form or another)

Wow. Wanna go the free to play route, but the way this comes across is to effectively lock out players who work for a living( ie. those who have the money) ergo driving down customer satisfaction levels of those who would effectively be most willing to fork out the money to keep it going (Lifetime or not).

Cryptic, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed -.- Thought you might have seen some sense in targeting your efforts towards those who make the money that goes into the bloated C-store, than their children who have to go ask for money, and upon seeing this information for themselves, may turn to those children and say 'no.' (Completely hypothetical situation, but if I was the parent, I'd have said no)

[pedantic]
*DISCLAIMER* The above reflects only my own opinion, not those of any other players or groups of players (Just so no-one could possibly think I am as pig-headed as other unnamed individuals who may think they represent the playerbase at large *cough*delusional*cough*)
[/pedantic]

/rage
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:

Very, very low priority:

New STF's = Not a Cstore item, thus, no money to be made from it
More PVP = Not a Cstore item, thus, no money to be made from it
More crafting = Not a Cstore item, thus, no money to be made from it
Hacked account reports, due to hacked PW systems = Not a Cstore item, thus, no money to be made from it, thus, takes a year and a bit to discover/fix, with little in the way of apology or announcement.

Top/Exclusive priority:

Ripoff Lockbox 1 = Lots of money
Ripoff Lockbox 2 = Lots of money
Ripoff Lockbox 3 = Lots of money
Gold lockbox is dropping as UNbound = OMG Panic, next day patch!

See the pattern yet?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:

People want it all and want it now.
People get mad when its not coming out fast enough.
People then get mad when it is rushed and full of bugs.

The neverending cycle.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:

If the new events work like Champs do, I'll be very happy:

http://www.champions-online.com/node/595689
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis

The neverending cycle.

Really? 800 days on this game, from the start. So 800 days waiting for the new STFs In To the Hive, the new promise crafting and the promise territory control.
Are 800 days of wait sufficient for you or should we wait for another 800 days?
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAngelis

The neverending cycle.
I think most of use would be happy to see a little project management practiced within Cryptic. Do some Friday features highlighting the progress of what WILL be in Season 6; teasers and whatnot, rather than ambiguous "Well if Bob gets done fixing Dave's mess, you might see a preview to what could be in after Season 6"