Lt. Commander
# 21
05-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Maybe I'm crazy, but what if the whole "event" thing that PWE insists on Cryptic using for all the new contents offered you some sort of choice? Like say...:

3 hour window starts at 9am-12pm:
You may choose to do Defera Invasion, Crafting, or Tour the Universe
3 hour window continues 12pm-3pm:
You may choose to do Multiphasic, Mirror Event, or Crystalline Entity
etc. etc.

Just a thought from a pleased, yet sometimes slightly concerned Federation Citizen.
Lt. Commander
Seriously Cryptic, enough with the randomly available time gated content, most of us have lives you know, putting content available only a few hours a day seriously impacts the ability for a lot of us to play this new content. For the life of me i cannot understand this obsession you now seem to have in telling us when we can play the game...., It was bad enough when STF's were made on a 1 hour lockout timer but this 'Event' style content is worse, ive lost track of the ammount of times things like the shuttle event are schedualed for either when im at work or asleep.

Content isnt really content if we can never play it, so please for the sake of the game STOP PUTTING CONTENT BEHIND TIME WALLS and let us play the game when WE WANT TO instead of trying to force us to play on your schedual.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Dstahl: PvP is in pretty sad shape in STO, and as such, we have put one of our senior designers to the task of revitalizing it. Gozer is currently tasked with importing some new PvP tech that was created for another unannounced Cryptic game and creating some new maps as a test bed. We plan to get the first of these new PvP missions onto our Test Server in May to start collecting feedback from the loyal following of players who are still playing STO PvP. From there, we plan to focus efforts on making some new maps that should drive in more interest in PvP. Once we get to that point and determine if PvP is getting better, we will decide what to do next.
This is probably a dumb question from somebody who doesn't understand the engine, but why is pvp so incompatible with the Foundry? Why can't we make maps, put down a klingon and Fed spawn point, and push publish?

Most of us began building maps for FPS games. That was the very, very basic feature of nearly every modding tool. Yet, it's not compatible with Foundry in STO.

What gives?
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Q: (NVS5191) Now that Gozer has become the King of PvP, what kind of additions/changes are in the pipeline? When can we expect to see them?

Dstahl: PvP is in pretty sad shape in STO, and as such, we have put one of our senior designers to the task of revitalizing it. Gozer is currently tasked with importing some new PvP tech that was created for another unannounced Cryptic game and creating some new maps as a test bed. We plan to get the first of these new PvP missions onto our Test Server in May to start collecting feedback from the loyal following of players who are still playing STO PvP. From there, we plan to focus efforts on making some new maps that should drive in more interest in PvP. Once we get to that point and determine if PvP is getting better, we will decide what to do next.
Isn't that posters name starting with "M"? Or am I confused?
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STFOfficer
"Q: (Akalayus) Is there any solid date or timeframe for when we can expect to see more STFs such as Children of Khan

Dstahl: For those that are unaware, STFs are Special Task Forces are repeatable 5-captain missions that you can queue for anytime. These missions offer unique challenges that can provide drops for high end rewards. For Season 6, we will be adding new Space and Ground 5-captain repeatable missions similar to STFs, however they will be accessed differently than the current queues. Two of them will be accessed through slots on the event timer, and another two will be accessed similar to Red Alerts that can pop up at random times. As far as the specific STF “Children of Khan”, it is not on our current schedule and has been postponed until a future, yet to be determined, update. "

-------

I'd really like to be able to access new content when I have time. Can you please stop making events happen at certain times and let them run continuous?

Completely agree ... I almost never run the vault and same for Defera Ground Invasion.

And don't believe I'm alone in this.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
If the new events work like Champs do, I'll be very happy:

http://www.champions-online.com/node/595689
I don’t have a clue on how those events works, but if they work similar to the "mirrow" or "the vault" event, to my is just going to be an epic fail. But hell, is just my opinion, I have a life and I cant be 24/7 to play a crapy event. But believe me, I am not the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STFOfficer
"Q: (Akalayus) Is there any solid date or timeframe for when we can expect to see more STFs such as Children of Khan

Dstahl: For those that are unaware, STFs are Special Task Forces are repeatable 5-captain missions that you can queue for anytime. These missions offer unique challenges that can provide drops for high end rewards. For Season 6, we will be adding new Space and Ground 5-captain repeatable missions similar to STFs, however they will be accessed differently than the current queues. Two of them will be accessed through slots on the event timer, and another two will be accessed similar to Red Alerts that can pop up at random times. As far as the specific STF “Children of Khan”, it is not on our current schedule and has been postponed until a future, yet to be determined, update. "

-------

I'd really like to be able to access new content when I have time. Can you please stop making events happen at certain times and let them run continuous?
I THINK it would be extremely hard to find ANY player who likes the draconian time gates in place, keeping us from enjoying content of any size and shape.
I'm STILL waiting for Cryptic to tell us why this system is in place, and who they think it i benefiting.
I WANT to think that it is PW's mandate and that why Cryptic keeps doing it and not telling us why.

I'd love for them to do an experiment: one week- keep the current time gates. next week- make them open an as accessible as the STFs with similar CD. Then just compare the play numbers and see if it's worth continuing to gate.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Quote:
For Season 6, we will be adding new Space and Ground 5-captain repeatable missions similar to STFs, however they will be accessed differently than the current queues. Two of them will be accessed through slots on the event timer, and another two will be accessed similar to Red Alerts that can pop up at random times. As far as the specific STF “Children of Khan”, it is not on our current schedule and has been postponed until a future, yet to be determined, update.
I can't /facepalm or /head desk enough. Looks like I'll be taking season 6 off then since there isn't going to be any persistent end game content. Starbases are cool, but why bother if I'm just going to be sitting on them waiting for the game to play me? I understand you don't want players gorging the content down as soon as it's released and then begging for more but this isn't ever going to stop that. Because speaking from experience; your last so called fun event known as the Vault failed in this respect. The only way you could would be if you, instead, took the timers off all current events and future events. People would be so busy actually doing things in the game you'd be re-loved almost overnight. Seriously who honestly thinks this is a good idea? I really hope it's only the people at Perfect World who we already know don't understand the Western Game market. Hopefully you can talk them out of this nonsense or tone it down because the current trend in policy is what leads most Asian MMO's to be emptier than StarWars: Galaxies after the NGE. I've thought about leaving the game before but there was usually something cool to keep me around like the 2800 or making a KDF Character.

Now though this game is just going to be an exercise in frustration with the player base (And don't even try to hide behind that "Silent Majority" Crap, because you have no idea what the opinion of the majority really is if they're silent do you? What you do know is that the players who do respond to your changes on your forum aren't happy with the general direction of the game, and while their opinions might not reflect that of the majority it should be a indication to you when virtually everyone on the forum agrees on a point. Gating Content=Bad) receiving no new content that they can actually play instead of the other way around it will continue to become a more imbittered community with nothing to do except the same exact things we've been doing forever now.

Quote:
although we do intend to continue to make 20-man Fleet Actions, the first of which is launching with Season 6.

Are these actually going to be persistent and are the rewards going to make them worth the effort? If so it might be worth staying but other than that I don't really see anything keeping me here. Yeah new hair tech is nice, and new ships are great, but what's the point at this juncture?

Quote:
As far as story specific missions, you can look forward more progress on the storyline sometime after this next major release.

Quote:
To say that we will never make another story driven STF in the future is false.
Quote:
A crafting system revamp is coming, but we have yet to announce which update it will be in, only that it is not in Season 6.
So Starbases+Gated Content+A few C-Store Items= Season 6. Expanded Story+ New STF's+ Crafting= After Season 6.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by framesplicer View Post
I THINK it would be extremely hard to find ANY player who likes the draconian time gates in place, keeping us from enjoying content of any size and shape.
I'm STILL waiting for Cryptic to tell us why this system is in place, and who they think it i benefiting.
I WANT to think that it is PW's mandate and that why Cryptic keeps doing it and not telling us why.

I'd love for them to do an experiment: one week- keep the current time gates. next week- make them open an as accessible as the STFs with similar CD. Then just compare the play numbers and see if it's worth continuing to gate.
I'm waiting for the comical "CBS told us we had to do it" excuse that they like to throw around for so many different things.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I`m shocked, that the FE are open for debate. If they don`t add new singleplayer story missions then what do they add? New game mechanics which has no point in doing them? The new mining event f.e. is done really good - but there is no point in doing it. All this Foundry-stuff is really awesome - but no point in doing them either. Crafting -> pointless. PvP -> pointless. Yeah i know, playing a game is a waste of time. But it shouldn`t feel like it. All those casual 20min things to do in STO are obviously a waste of time. Atm you can do 20% of game content and you reach max level. There is no challenge anywhere.

So, we need character progression and a new max level. So all those things would make sense again.