Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-04-2012, 05:19 PM
If I wanted to play a game with fighters and capital ships, I would go to Star Wars.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Guys! Seriously, dont like more spam fests anymore than u do Cyyptic will do more to appease PVE , So for PVP we need to use tools they have provided for setting up matches without the spam. More of a Hassle ,yes
it is only other option for decent PVP
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-05-2012, 08:46 AM
This is my careface about what 'PvP fleets' do or do not frown upon. I don't have a Carrier myself; not sure if I ever will. But if you bought one, and you like flying it, then fly it and let the QQ tears sustain you.

Spam is nothing new in PvP--a few more carriers in the mix isn't going to break the already broken state of PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-05-2012, 09:00 AM
I haven't gotten any hate tells about mine yet, but I feel like a jerk using it.

I think that, if I do continue to use it (I love the BOff set up, so I might), I'll switch to the shield repair pets so it's not as annoying to people.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Personally, I got the Carrier to see how my engie does in it. He does especially well, but my survivability went down the drain. Meaning that if I use my carrier, it's going to be in PvE, where I don't have to worry about dieing in the middle of a lagspike (I.E. hitting a heal, then watch as five seconds later I die and my heal activates.)
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I haven't gotten any hate tells about mine yet, but I feel like a jerk using it.

I think that, if I do continue to use it (I love the BOff set up, so I might), I'll switch to the shield repair pets so it's not as annoying to people.
Same here. It plays interesting, actually I kinda like the carrier gameplay and it is a breath of fresh air compared to playing Excelsior only since that ship has been available. However it feels somewhat wrong using it, especially after reading more and more comments and opinions here. Never got any hates either, apart from a few "Go to hell P2W f'+&!!!11" rants, which this guy threw out to anyone who was using c-store ships - while flying a tactical Odyssee on his own.

I'd like to write more, but don't have the time to do that right now. However MVS5191 sums it up pretty short and well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Wouldn't have made this thread if I didn't like Carriers in general:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=269318

But as far as the spam goes, yeah I can some times dislike it. But I love carriers and am happy to have something I love on both sides of the game even if apart of my KDF heart died when this one came to the Fed side.. It was one of the few things the KDF had going for them as being Unique.. Ah well..
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-06-2012, 12:47 AM
The only thing i find annoying is the tractor beam pet spam, that crap is annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-06-2012, 03:24 AM
And with this lolspace becomes complete. Sadly with all the stealth problems, engy and sci kit swapping going on on ground lolground is creeping back up too. Frankly sto's pvp is completely dumbed down with cheese for all classes.

Pvp in a nutshell is two things now.

1. In space the team with the most snb and cheese wins.

2. On ground the team with the most stealth wins. On rare occasion do I ever get into a match that requires both teams to use ACTUAL skill to beat the other.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haven View Post
The only thing i find annoying is the tractor beam pet spam, that crap is annoying.
Agreed on that point. I don't mind the carrier, it's that specific spam. C'mon how are you going to tell me a small team of runabouts is going to tractor something immense like the Federation's flagship?