Lt. Commander
# 1 Cure Space (Elite) Blues
04-30-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm at my breaking point now. People either don't listen or don't care when you tell them not to touch the blasted cubes lol. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those, "wah! I want the tech piece handed to me on a silver platter right now!" folks, but still. This is beyond the scope of reasonable sanity. I understand working to achieve something, I do. This however, this, is downright non-beneficial. It's not like I'm just playing through and then just not getting the luck of the draw in receiving my tech piece at the STF's finish. That's just fine, because then at least there's the consolation of getting nifty MK X-XII stuff and dilituem to boot. That's not the case however, we're failing... Over, and over, and over, and over again. Failure, after failure, after failure (and then getting punished for it with an hour cooldown time. Which admittedly, at times I have truly needed at that point just to cool down myself). I've successfully completed Cure Space Elite a total three times this last week, easily out of more attempts than there are currently years in my life (and frankly, I'm not THAT young anymore. We're talking a success rate of 1 out of every 10 attempts).

Cryptic, I'm almost willing to beg at this point... Something... has... to change. Make the MK XII special forces gear purchasable with "chips" for cryin' out loud! 60, 80, 100 of them, or even dilitheum, I don't care! At least then it would smooth out the necessary grind and I'd have the peace of mind in knowing it is an eventual achievable goal. In any of those suggested three numbers above I'd have been there already!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2012, 03:45 AM
I feel your pain, I find myself in the same position. . . . I need to do Cure to get a chance at that Tech drop but I don't want to do it because of the high failure rate.

Its frustrating as hell, the other 2 STF's the mission can still be completed even if 1 or 2 members of the team are idiots who don't know what they are doing, its harder but it can be done. In Cure it takes but 1 moron to ensure failure for the whole team.

My solution would be to unbind the tech drops from the missions. . . i.e. when you get a tech drop in any of the 3 space STF's it can be any of the 3 space Techs.
But then no one would ever play anything but infected as it can be knocked off in 15 minutes with no chance of failure.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2012, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban149
My solution would be to unbind the tech drops from the missions. . . i.e. when you get a tech drop in any of the 3 space STF's it can be any of the 3 space Techs.
But then no one would ever play anything but infected as it can be knocked off in 15 minutes with no chance of failure.
I thought about that too. the only problem therein however would be getting duplicate tech pieces. Now, perhaps if Roxy were willing to trade tech pieces, one for another of the same quality, that may not be so bad.

As for people grinding lower tier STF's in order to get the pieces, to what end? In the case of my suggestion, i.e. you can get them with "chips," that would sacrifice greater time. In my opinion the tech drop quality is fine as is. Elites should only drop prototype tech, norms still common to rare, etc. So yes, you could grind Infected Space (Normal) over and over if you wished, but you'd still only get one chip per success. Meaning if say the prototype tech was sold by Roxy for 60 "chips," that's potentially sixty Infected sessions. Half of that with elite sessions. Besides, I doubt Admiral B'Vak would lose any sleep one way or another. The man wants dead Borg lol. Weak Borg, strong Borg, short Borg, fat Borg, etc.
:p
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-30-2012, 04:51 AM
I refuse to do Cure Space Elite (or CSE for short) in the random ques. I joined chat channel EliteSTF and get groups from there, I have not failed it since and almost always get the optional too. I recomend this to you as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-30-2012, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
I refuse to do Cure Space Elite (or CSE for short) in the random ques. I joined chat channel EliteSTF and get groups from there, I have not failed it since and almost always get the optional too. I recomend this to you as well.
I shall undoubtedly have to give that a go. Got the channel set to a nice avocado green hue lol, thought that appropriate.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Just incase you didn't know, Gozer stated in a recent episode of STOked (Ep 120 I think it was), that the Mk XII gear will be available for datachips soon when they develop and release new Gear. The new gear will be obtainable from Tech Drops only, while the current Mk XII will go to the store for DC like the current Mk X and Mk XI.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-30-2012, 05:57 AM
Cure Elite Space can be a very hard mission to complete if your team is not on the same page.

I'd never pug any Elite level STF because there are to many variables you'll have to account for in thoses groups.

I'd suggest that you find an EliteStf channel and sign into that to try to find like minded players to run Elite STFs with you.

I signed up for the #EliteStf channel months ago and have found it to be so much better than blind pugging.

Good luck to you
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-30-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d
Just incase you didn't know, Gozer stated in a recent episode of STOked (Ep 120 I think it was), that the Mk XII gear will be available for datachips soon when they develop and release new Gear. The new gear will be obtainable from Tech Drops only, while the current Mk XII will go to the store for DC like the current Mk X and Mk XI.
Well that's good to know at least.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-30-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachery_Wilhelm View Post
I'm at my breaking point now. People either don't listen or don't care when you tell them not to touch the blasted cubes lol. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those, "wah! I want the tech piece handed to me on a silver platter right now!" folks, but still. This is beyond the scope of reasonable sanity. I understand working to achieve something, I do. This however, this, is downright non-beneficial. It's not like I'm just playing through and then just not getting the luck of the draw in receiving my tech piece at the STF's finish. That's just fine, because then at least there's the consolation of getting nifty MK X-XII stuff and dilituem to boot. That's not the case however, we're failing... Over, and over, and over, and over again. Failure, after failure, after failure (and then getting punished for it with an hour cooldown time. Which admittedly, at times I have truly needed at that point just to cool down myself). I've successfully completed Cure Space Elite a total three times this last week, easily out of more attempts than there are currently years in my life (and frankly, I'm not THAT young anymore. We're talking a success rate of 1 out of every 10 attempts).

Cryptic, I'm almost willing to beg at this point... Something... has... to change. Make the MK XII special forces gear purchasable with "chips" for cryin' out loud! 60, 80, 100 of them, or even dilitheum, I don't care! At least then it would smooth out the necessary grind and I'd have the peace of mind in knowing it is an eventual achievable goal. In any of those suggested three numbers above I'd have been there already!
I've been on both sides of this one as of recent. The elite guide for STF players tells them to attack the cube. The current popular method for doing the run amidst a third of the game population wants people to do anything but. It's the one PUG run where confusion over what players should be doing reigns supreme because there is no mutual agreement over the right way. If you start telling some one that hasn't run enough to know what's up that the guide is wrong they are liable to think you a twit and perhaps rightfuly so based on the things people say do in an attempt to grief as of late in PUG runs...

If you want to improve your chances for a PUG winning talk over strategy at the start. No one ever does this though. However, it really doesn't matter HOW you do cure as long as everyone is working it together.

You want to go a step further and establish some agreement in the community? Great. Most people are too lazy to even think about writing a NEW Cure Space Elite guide to talk over in forum. Good luck. I look forward to seeing what you write.

Otherwise, you are just another whiny forum goer that reaps what they sew, moaning that everyone else is doing it wrong and not listening while every other player in the PUG is thinking the same thing about YOU... Frankly, I might fit this description too.

Chaos continues to reign and you are another minion, marching in its sweep.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element_0
I've been on both sides of this one as of recent. The elite guide for STF players tells them to attack the cube. The current popular method for doing the run amidst a third of the game population wants people to do anything but. It's the one PUG run where confusion over what players should be doing reigns supreme because there is no mutual agreement over the right way. If you start telling some one that hasn't run enough to know what's up that the guide is wrong they are liable to think you a twit and perhaps rightfuly so based on the things people say do in an attempt to grief as of late in PUG runs...

If you want to improve your chances for a PUG winning talk over strategy at the start. No one ever does this though. However, it really doesn't matter HOW you do cure as long as everyone is working it together.

You want to go a step further and establish some agreement in the community? Great. Most people are too lazy to even think about writing a NEW Cure Space Elite guide to talk over in forum. Good luck. I look forward to seeing what you write.

Otherwise, you are just another whiny forum goer that reaps what they sew, moaning that everyone else is doing it wrong and not listening while every other player in the PUG is thinking the same thing about YOU... Frankly, I might fit this description too.

Chaos continues to reign and you are another minion, marching in its sweep.
I find your post a bit harsh. I sent the OP a tell in game and invited them to the EliteSTF channel. We made a team for Cure Space Elite and completed it successfully. The OP later told me they did it again and got the Prototype Tech, now has full Omega set.
Yes, we did discuss tactics before starting the private match. Always do. You are welcome to join us any time.