Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-06-2012, 02:53 AM
You created an intricate and amazingly well designed vessel loaded with details.

The basic design is truly fantastic, though she's slightly shinier than the usual look I go for, so I may throw some jem'hadar shields on her and see how she looks.

But I've got to say the new patterns for are nice touches as well, even if they're a hair on the subtle side.

I'm also extremely pleased with the design of the new fighters, they match the carrier very cohesively.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-06-2012, 03:26 AM
I personally found all the Romulan/Reman comparisons that were going on to be a little unfair to be honest as I think that there are bound to be cultural similarities with the designs of some races.

What I do like about the design is that I have no idea if there is a precedent for Caitian technology but this gets the ball rolling on establishing a little more about who they are as a race in STO.

Very nice work.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-06-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbomb99
Yeah I say that thing pop up on the launcher got happy then seen it was C-store (Rich People) only, and then was disappointed. Guess KDF is still the only way to get a FREE carrier.

But yes is a very nice looking ship from the pictures.
I would rather spend 2000 C-Points on this, and know what I'm getting, than spend X0000 C-Points on lock box keys. Those lock box ships are the real "Rich People" ships.

I will buy the Atrox when my Fed Science Officers reach Vice Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 14 weapons fireing hard points
05-06-2012, 04:07 AM
i love ur ship, i think it looks great but im really not liking where the weapons are firing from, i put some cannons on it and they seam to be firing from the deflector?? and beams fire from the engines???? how bout we make this look great wen its in battle as well, not just sitting there looking pretty??
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-06-2012, 04:32 AM
every ship in sto is free if you have the time/energy to grind for it (even those darn lock box ships)..

anyway I have to concur with my learned colleagues assessments on the aesthetic qualities of the Atrox. My sci Sif finally hit VA yesterday and the carrier could have been made for her. I named it Singularity - for the dark almost light absorbing sheen of the skin, because she is a science ship and because she has a singular beauty, sleek without being skinny, curvy in all the right places.

in fact to me the atrox does remind me of a cat waiting to pounce - back legs wound tight against it's rear body, front half stretched low to the ground. Great work JamJamz, can't wait to see what else you have in store for us.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-06-2012, 05:43 AM
Is it just me or does it look kind of like the Destiny from Star Gate Universe? Very pretty ship just not my kind of ship.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-06-2012, 05:55 AM
I just don't like the deflector. It's like a gaping maw and the odd angle gives her a dustbuster or cyber space anteater look.

But the rest of the ship looks pretty sweet.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteCodeNot
i love ur ship, i think it looks great but im really not liking where the weapons are firing from, i put some cannons on it and they seam to be firing from the deflector?? and beams fire from the engines???? how bout we make this look great wen its in battle as well, not just sitting there looking pretty??
um, I'm pretty sure he just builds the ship, he doesnt code where the weapons come out of.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-06-2012, 07:04 AM
Don't lynch me...but I can't stand it. I know it's not a Starfleet vessel and not really supposed to look Starfleety (although I would have thought that military vessels were all centralised by Starfleet), but the deflector at the front with the huge long...well, snout is the only word I can think of, leading to it just turns me right off, regardless of its abilities.

I'm also already sick of every spacedock's orbit swarming with shuttles - and as for the person who thought it'd be funny for a dozen or so fighters to follow me in orbit...
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-06-2012, 07:07 AM
The Atrox reminds me of what you mix between the Galactica, a star destroyer, and even a mon calamari cruiser. My Atrox will be named Galatica or some greek name. lol