Lt. Commander
# 1 Catain Changes?
05-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Ive done my home work on the feline races. It seems they dont wear footware and are digi-graded at the ankle. Also their tails are not acting according to physics. They do not seem to follow gravity. Also when they sit in chairs the tale dissapears!
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elis_Grant
Also when they sit in chairs the tale dissapears!
Maybe they just can't tell stories while sitting. Poor Caitians.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-05-2012, 07:32 AM
For the feet. Cryptic is too lazy to make a new walk animation, and leg models for them. Same reason why we don't have Lt. Arex's species in the game. Need to animate 3 arms and legs. Tails. Same reason. Easier to remove than to modify.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-05-2012, 07:41 AM
Its not a question of being "lazy", its a question of rigging the skeleton and having specific walk/run animations.

Also I think it would wreck havoc with the armor visuals, KDF lacks them because of the Gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-05-2012, 07:48 AM
Please, it's lazy. What MMO company has bugs in everything. Including the chat box. Kits are disabled because of all the Klingon armor. The armor wouldn't fit on anyone with shoulder pads or sashes. So instead of remodeling and doing animations; disabled.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Really? Play"Doomsday Machine" and dont disable visuals, see what happens not only with your character but with your Away Team.

They could enable then if not the Gorn that uses a entirely different body mesh, that means it would work in every KDF race besides the Gorn and if I recall, some work with Joined Trill.

Now with Ferasan it puts 2 "catpeople" races in the game, if there are enough races that benefit they might revise them, I understand the costs of doing something specific to just one race will usually be seen as prohibitive, if it affects more that just one race it have more chances of being done, in fact I suspect the reasons Caitain got hair was because of the Ferasan.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
Its not a question of being "lazy", its a question of rigging the skeleton and having specific walk/run animations.

Also I think it would wreck havoc with the armor visuals, KDF lacks them because of the Gorn.
They do it in Champions Online just fine... No reason they cannot port that over to STO. They own everything about it and the Engines are not that dissimilar.

Caitians should be Digitigrade. The main reason they do not do it, from what I can tell, is that in some of the Trek movies we saw Caitians who did not appear to be Digitigrade but we could not really tell for certain as we never saw them that low. (I am not sure I remember seeing a tail on them either though...) STO's Caitians generally look a LOT like those Caitians from the movie.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-05-2012, 03:46 PM
There's a lot of things they didn't port from Champ which boggles my mind. The player models have emblems, eye glows, proper feet models, hair can have color fades, animal fur, nails for hands (which have color support) and my most wanted creation feature, full muscle support. Not to mention no height restrictions. Why doesn't STO have that... Lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
Really? Play"Doomsday Machine" and dont disable visuals, see what happens not only with your character but with your Away Team.
You proved my point. Lazy.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
They do it in Champions Online just fine... No reason they cannot port that over to STO. They own everything about it and the Engines are not that dissimilar.
Quite true and I would love Cryptic to rework them, but I don't think it's so much making the framework or animations (as they may be able to pull some of it from Champs) as it would be the costumes. They would have to rework every single lower body costume option available to the Caition. as they are now I doubt that they would stretch very well to a Digitigrade leg.

If it was done I see a lot of the costume options being locked out, and a few custom variants of them made just for Caitians.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I paid to have a P.C Catian. If im paying for something it should be right. Lazy is a bad excuse. If I were ta work and my boss asked me to do something important and said "no im to lazy" im pretty sure ide be fired.