Next Tuesday, September 22, at 11:30 a.m. Pacific time (we’re GMT -7 right now), we’ll be holding a developer’s chat in the official Star Trek Online IRC chat!
Rather than running with a general topic, we're going to use last week's Ask Cryptic as a jumping off point. Was anything unclear in our answer? Have any follow-up questions? Now's the time to ask us live!
The chat is scheduled to last 30 minutes. If you can’t make it due to time constraints, we’ll be posting a transcript of the chat on the forums.
If you’d like to join us, point your IRC program of choice toward #STO on coldfront.net, or click right here for a Java client, then type "/join #STO" in the input area. And if you can’t make it, just reply with your question in this post’s comment thread. We’ll be selecting questions from the thread to put to the developers.
Despite the fact that I'm sure the anti-console crowd will flame me for asking... I'm broke and can't afford a new Computer. Is this game going to come out on Xbox 360? And if so how far behind is that going to be from the PC version. I'd hate to be logging in for the first time and have missed out on being at the forefront of exploring the game.
Is this game coming out on Xbox 360? If so how long after the PC version.
Question One: My major concern is will there be penalties for cross-class skills, especially in Space. Will my Engineer take a penalty for tactical skills? What if I want my Scientist to fly a Galaxy Class or Excallibur Class, will I be at a disadvantage? Is ground and space totally divorced or do costs change depending on your profession?
Question Two: What skill trees are there? Specifically, is there an Archaeology Skill tree? (or skill of a similar nature) : ) I hope so!
Im sorry, but i wont be able to make, however 2 questions have been nagging me for a while now,
In PvP, and you win a battle in, lets say the neutraul zone, will some of your spoils of war be some of your enemy's modifactaions and cargo, or will it all just be based on a game to earn points and then buy rewards?
My second question is simply, will we be able to share and trade mods with other players, or do we all just end up getting our own; and in the end will we share the schimatics so that way we both have the mod, or will it be gone until we get a new 1?
thank you for your time and possible answers
1) Can we refuse promotions, and keep on spending skill points?
2) Can you talk about what kind of combat roles the three careers support in both space and ground combat?
3) What is your intention for how fast people should be able to rank up?
4) What kind of benefit will we gain from levellling up a skill to its max?
5) What do you mean by your BOs have a smaller skill tree?
6) Are ground and space mixed together in the same tree, or two separate skilltrees?
7) Will there be stats?
8) Are there going to be sub-careers, like xenoarcheology, or linguistics?
9) In CO, during the End-Of-Open-Beta event, at level 40, all the powers was quite overwhelming. What kind of tools do you have planned for dealing with not just our own skills, but those of our BOs efficiently?
I would love to know when we will see some ingame anything. Screenshots and CGI don't do us crap. It's a little concerning when i goto Star Wars TOR and they have class vids and movies and story plots and wow, these guys are working their asses off, is Cryptic too? If so i love to see it lol. Give us a walkthru of some of the environments, a peek at the classes in action, anything ingame please. Can't wait to see it in action.
:O question withdrawed, there is alot of ingame vids around, i just had to dig for them. Sadly couldnt make it to PAX this year.