2. Because with a busy personal life I cannot be online when these events are on and therefore cannot play them. There is little end game content and what new content is released is gated meaning I cannot play it. Conclusion would be that in time I probably will just get bored and move to another game.
3. Lack of general content so they keep you waiting to play it hence they are buying time as they try to develop new content whilst all the time being instructed by PW to create more lock boxes to make more $
2. Gives a feeling that the game is playing you instead of the other way around .
That , and I (or my STO friends) are not always online to play at the same specific time together .
This has turned me away permanently from Defara (and I love ground combat) , and I have occasionally managed to play the Vault .
3. I see two reasons for time gated content :
- They don't want us to burn out on the content like we did with the Borg Space invasions for example .
- They want to slowly fill out their ingame "calendar" with events such as this .
Sadly they once again move too slowly with actually adding the content that they want , and have angered the playerbase by putting half of the new content they created behind time gates (after a year of not new playable content) .
I'd prefer the vault to instead of being 1 random hour every day, to just being able to complete it once per day. With maybe a bonus run time that gives extra rewards, not only run now time.
Yes Complete. I've been on some teams where a couple of people drop or nobody seems to know what to do. Infact it's getting to the point that if I don't get any answers at all in the one minute planning phase I quit.
Events are good for games like this IMO, but they should be Friday to Monday so everyone gets a chance to do it.
2: As stated by much more respectable persons above, I have other commitments, and a life outside of this game. As was already stated, if even one more of these little scams occurs, I will be done with STO and Cryptic.
3:We are not stupid. The event was gated to engender a perception of scarcity. It not only failed, but has dug Cryptic yet another hole.