2. Its a cop out, a way to make the game feel more than it is.
3. because they still do not have enough content to make the game last, this is just another way to make it feel like we have more than we actually do. This along with the insane STF grind is in my mind a desperate attempt to keep us playing so they can try to get our money with the latest shiney
Look at the cat carrier, how many angry people, were "SQUIRREL!!!!" when it came out.
1. I am leaning to really bad. It isn't that bad if it is more frequent like the Mirror Events, but playable content like Vault, Mirror Events should really be at least twice more frequent than those stupid, boring Multiphasic bla bla crap stuff....
2. Why? because dear Cryptic has players all over the world and they live in different time zones. Are working, have familiy etc. They are deliberately taking away content from all players by restricted access. What's next? Pay 2000CP to have perma access to our content?
PWE might be quite known for their F2P games, but they are not all-knowing. Perhaps eastern type players might cheer about grind-o-mania stuff and restricted stuff, but the majority of western players has a different style.
3. Blind trust in a primarily eastern oriented company.
2. Gives a feeling that the game is playing you instead of the other way around .
That , and I (or my STO friends) are not always online to play at the same specific time together .
This has turned me away permanently from Defara (and I love ground combat) , and I have occasionally managed to play the Vault .
3. I see two reasons for time gated content :
- They don't want us to burn out on the content like we did with the Borg Space invasions for example .
- They want to slowly fill out their ingame "calendar" with events such as this .
Sadly they once again move too slowly with actually adding the content that they want , and have angered the playerbase by putting half of the new content they created behind time gates (after a year of not new playable content) .
Agreed, but also on three, it feels Cryptic it trying to get users to stay another hour, two, or whatever. Instead of doing the event and than signing off, basically the new system was made to keep people online longer, which it turn they will either do more until the event starts or possibly buy more from the CStore.
Even though I do not like the idea, because I don't want to miss a event because either I'm working or whatever and can't sign on when the event is going on, after saying that though I do see the added benefit of it possibly keeping people online longer, but I also see this just p1$$ing people off.
Good: Forces content to stay new for a longer time. Bad: Prevents majority of people playing it. Due to being timed when people are a work/busy. Overall bad. People get ****ed off and won't bother. Doesn't accomplish much good in the long run for Cryptic. Which they do need.
It's bad. New things to do are few and far between, and gating parts of it to certain times means that for people with lives that can't be scheduled around gaming, they're going to miss out. This makes no sense.
i do not feel like it is good for the game in the current state.
why? well first off the rewards for doing the vault event are not that great but i logged on this morning at 10am my time when is the next available slot? 6am tomorrow. how is that good if i was interested in doing this where is the logic in making an event available only every 20 hours? there is no way to do the vault when you like. unless i get up before 6am tomorrow morning and play STO i will not be doing the vault.
why are they gated? i can understand trying to keep content new and fresh. but really all they are doing is keeping this content annoying and out of reach. gated would be fine but why do we have to have 4 two hour long defera events a day when most people are bored with it and find it totally useless. if we are expected to change our schedules and work around the game to play any content then the rewards should likewise be worth that effort. why should i get up early on a sunday morning to get a part of a chance at a piece of gear? now if it was a chance at an amazing piece of gear or a part to assemble with a 100% chance to get an amazing piece of gear i would be more likely but not by much.
the point of any new content should be to enhance the player experience and make the game more enjoyable not a source for annoyance.
I do not form my day in real life around when a game event comes up. An all weekend event, sure i make time for that, but not an event that spawns at 4 am my time, and certainly NOT an event I have to grind multiple times to get a set.