Lt. Commander
# 11
05-05-2012, 07:37 PM
When I'm teamed with fleetmates, good. When I pug, a headache is coming. When I see clouds of chrono mines/torp spreads incoming, crappy. When I see the entire Fed team is running phasers and realize that half of my KDF team is also, angry. Overall I'd say I feel down, yet for some reason still hopeful that the devs can turn this around. I'd love to love this game again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
There are some good people out that that I thoroughly enjoy flying with and against. They are the only redeeming thing about this game at the moment.
Would pvpers agree that I/you/we at this point are only playing this game because of the people we like flying with/against? Because I would. The omg its star trek feel wore off quite a while ago. my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-05-2012, 08:18 PM
At this rate I'm going to see this rule for some matches:

Maximum of ONE carrier for each side.

Or we might as well just retell the Battle of Midway....IN SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91

Soon, we'll be getting to the point where we're be recreating the Battle of Coral Sea - neither side ever saw the other, and it was fought (and won) entirely via carrier based aircraft.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Soon, we'll be getting to the point where we're be recreating the Battle of Coral Sea - neither side ever saw the other, and it was fought (and won) entirely via carrier based aircraft.
LMFAO!!!!!! In some genres I would welcome this....if I was in the pilot seat of one of the fighters. But not in Star Trek. Sorry I may join in the carrier madness, but I am not trading in my Bortas'Qu
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91

"The Yorktown? But we've killed it already! Hax, dude, hax."
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-05-2012, 09:20 PM
What PVP are you referring too? Getting a bit bored of farmers, lack of maps, lack of gametypes, premades killing the queues and lack of general dev attention lol.

Besides that, i'm peachy

I only do PVP for two reasons anyway, getting the accolades done, and playing with friends. It's sure as hell not anything else lol.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Carriers in WW2 were vulnerable to attack from just about everything. They weren't tanks like in STO.

Wish they'd make them less tanky and add some range to the pets.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-05-2012, 09:39 PM
It's time to go, at least from pvp. It's been fun. However, as of late it hasn't been. So, I guess you won't see me much in queues anymore.

I plan to stick around for doffing but overall pvp time reduced until items already said thousand times becomes fixed. When the carriers came to fed side it felt they took FvF away from me. I

Its a game for enjoyment, when the enjoyment stops you can do two things. One, quit or two, find something else in the game too do.

See you in opvp chat, but that about it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-06-2012, 01:50 AM
It would be really cool if a premade could post their 3,4, or 5 ship team in a queue for other premades and leave PuG's for PuG's, which could only be entered by solos or 2 player teams. Currently a 5 man premade cleans out a PuG unless they are lucky enough to run into another premade. For me being on a 1:15 or 15:1 match isn't fun. I much prefer a fight, not a beatdown.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
take your pick (this is stuff from before I quit)
  • Viral Matrix, Subnucleonic Beam, Feedback Pulse
  • Target Shield Subsystems
  • Pet Spam (remember the bugged carriers?)
  • Cannon Scatter Volley
  • Scramble Sensors
  • Pet Spam
  • Beam Fire at Will
  • Pet Spam again?
Which Beam Fire At Will do you mean? I think the bugged one that I believe Zorena talked about first in a big thread - I think that was the point PvP was the best balanced overall. It seemed to me that bug was mostly problematic because Dual Beam Banks dealt a little more damage than intentended and Beam Arrays a lot less. It wasn't as uber as some of the later versions.

Of course, BFAW and Scramble Sensors occured around the same time, so even ignoring that, the Scramble Sensors stuff would have been annoying. But at least there wasn't the Antimatter Spread console yet, and the resistance to Scrambles that was introduced much later would have fixed that (well, maybe overnerfed). Still, I maintain that was the best of times in PvP.