Lt. Commander
# 1 I hate carriers
05-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Feel like pvp is being taken over by a ship class that I never even saw in the show. I'm starting to wonder if they're eventually going to make cruisers obsolete...at least on the KDF side. They're as tough as cruisers, but they have greater utility and dps thanks to their pets.

My main beef though is the number of pets. Why do carriers need a million pets? Why can't they clump the pets a bit tighter and give them 1 large health bar for the entire swarm?

So for example you target one carrier's swarm and take its health down to 50%. The result is you see half as many pets represented in the swarm. No more single targetting each pet. No more screen filled with a hundred individual names for each fighter...
Lt. Commander
# 2 Is It Opposite Day?
05-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Maybe we are going about this all wrong. Perhaps we need some reverse psychology...

I LOVE NPCS IN PVP. UI lag is really fun. Can we restrict the flight angles so that spiralling becomes more effective? I just don't think FAWscorts are easy mode enough. I'm really glad that Gravitic Anchor and Chroniton procs can't be cleared or countered by anything. We need more stuff like that! Also, Phasers are like the weakest weapon in the game so a buff for those would be sweet. And I just can't emphasize this enough, MORE PETS IN PVP przkthxbai.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Go into options....keep player names active, shut off npc names. Then while also in options set targeting (tab targeting) to only target enemy ships. F1-F5 targets team members. Oh and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL8e2ujXe8g
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Shutting off npc names isnt a good solution.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-05-2012, 06:16 PM
To each his own...its a great solution. clear spam with f&f powers and focus on your primary targets...or you can waste your time targeting small craft that will respawn in a few seconds....
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-05-2012, 07:05 PM
If you're fighting 3 carriers you cant clear pets...
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Honestly I love the hordes of pets.Anything that makes the guy trying to blow me ups day a little harder is fine by me.

The pretend space battles are now a chaotic place and I for one like it that way
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2012, 12:08 PM
Polarize hull doesnt work on the tractor pets...ive been in matches where I cant move...at all...ever. And they are ridiculously tough so as I cant clear them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
Polarize hull doesnt work on the tractor pets...ive been in matches where I cant move...at all...ever. And they are ridiculously tough so as I cant clear them.
So the question is:
Is there a problem with carriers in general, or is it just the "pets" which are out of balance? I mean it is not that carriers just appeared out of nowhere, actually they've been there since release. Just the Feds got themselves a copy of them now.
I agree completely about the Runabouts, been using them and been fighting against them: They are quite tough, excelent CC'ers and easy to get. IMO they are simply too powerful.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2012, 01:26 PM
The pets are the most obvious issue, but I think carriers are too tanky in general.