Lt. Commander
# 11
05-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gornman47
OK thanks! And just to clarify I have to change the name, hit publish and not exit until the publishing is done, right?
yep (can you even exit before publishing's finished?)
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Quick question. I'm looking for an npc group of ships that will fight the player. Ideally, I want something with a bit of speed, but also have decent hull strength and weapon power. Faster than one of the largest ships, but tougher than a bird of prey. It doesn't matter which faction, as I'm going to reskin it anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions? I haven't encountered every enemy ship in the game yet, so may be missing some. Something like one of the Hirogen ships comes to mind. The one that keeps jamming your sensors and cloaking when you fight it. Can't remember the name of it. Is there any better suggestions?

Also, does reskinning a ship make any difference to it's performance? I have one of the klingon battleships (I forget the name of it right now, but it's one of the larger ones) reskinned as a BOP, but it seems to explode rather easy when I test the map.

And is it possible to have camera shake applied to the entire space map? I wanted the camera on the final map to constantly be shaking until the final objective is achieved. I tried creating a grid of the largest camera shake, but I still ended up flying into blind spots in the network, and honestly, didn't think it was worth it. The ability to apply it to the whole thing (or at least a quarter of it?) would be extremely useful. I noticed the ground maps have that same effect covering a good deal more of the map.

Finally (for now), how do you rig it so you can choose some options, and that dictates an outcome? Like the ending of the city of Palmor Rae. You pick one option in dialogue and that triggers one ending, and another choice triggers another ending, beyond that text box? If this is all some kind of trickery that actually runs off the same ending actions, any advice on setting something like that up? I probably won't be using it in this mission, but it would be very useful to know how to do for the future.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Ok, so I've decided not to go with the whole reskin enemy ships thing. Better storywise.

I do have a question though. How do you put a forcefield over the door? I can only seem to get the broken one to work, or the one known as Borg 4, the odd pyramid type forcefield. Can anyone help me with this forcefield issue?
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-05-2012, 10:36 AM
As far as I know, the "broken" forcefield is pretty much the only straight-up vertical field there is currently.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah. Why is it called "broken" anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-05-2012, 03:13 PM
I think it flickers and fluctuates more than the horizontal version. You can always use an invisible wall and have your BOFF chime in with "Wow, an invisible forcefield!"
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Ah. The invisible forcefield would be good on a "super-duper advanced" starship. *jots down note*
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Currently playing through the published version, to check it, and 2 of my Boffs just jumped right through that forcefield. 3 times.

It must be called broken because it's broken the laws of forcefields.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
WHAT!!!!! That makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Well I'm the first to admit it ain't perfect :p