Lt. Commander
# 11
05-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Pretty much stay out of ker'rat, set privacy settings to maximum, utiilize ignore function whenever possible... Mostly has to do with ker'rat having players that know they don't stand a chance in pvp but if they all fire at you with their 49 other friends they know they are sure to be a part of killing you so they grief you like that and call it pvp but imo its not pvp its 50pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-07-2012, 03:55 AM
find a fleet/group you regularly run into in the stfs and ask if they'd like to do it regularly.

problem solved! next question?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
find a fleet/group you regularly run into in the stfs and ask if they'd like to do it regularly.

LOL
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716

Reread the original post.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-07-2012, 12:13 PM
What good does putting someone on the ignore list do. All it does is make it so you cant see there posts in chat. Or am I wrong on that?
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren_Larreck
What good does putting someone on the ignore list do. All it does is make it so you cant see there posts in chat. Or am I wrong on that?
Placing them on ignore also assures that you won't be teamed with that person again in a PuG.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0nd1t10nr3d
Placing them on ignore also assures that you won't be teamed with that person again in a PuG.
Didn't think auto teaming was that advanced in STO, where it wouldn't team you up with people you have on ignore when PUGing, very interesting, PUGing may start to get very interesting again.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
no it doesn't unfortunately, the STO teaming system is not that advanced. Hell it has problems keeping pre made teams together...

unfortunately this is the new norm, internet anonymity has lead to folks being professional jerks. You can't list them here of course so they just keep doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
no it doesn't unfortunately, the STO teaming system is not that advanced.
Really? I was led to believe that was the way it worked. Hence why my Fleet Leaders constantly keep us updated of Griefers via Fleet Mail, advising us to add "@WhateverNameHere" to our ignore lists.

We're told specifically to do this so that we won't be teamed with said griefers in future PuG's (Yes,some of us PuG while we wait for other fleet members to get online & ingame... We're a small 20'ish member fleet)

Well, if this is confirmed as being the case I have to do either one, two or all of three things... 1) Inform the fleet leaders and point them to this thread. 2) Ignore such further mailings for the benefit not being teamed with reported griefers but. still ignore them for the fact that I'd never want to chat with such a person or persons. 3) Maybe find a better. more informative fleet? lol.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
This is unfortunately untrue. I have someone on ignore and he has me on ignore, and we're still more often than not being placed on the same PvP teams.