Lt. Commander
I have an old Klingon Character I started a long time ago and it recently dawned on me that nobody in the KDF actually plays a Klingon.

This is because the Klingon Race has two completely useless ground traits.

Can one of these be removed or at least made to work for space combat as well? That way people might actually use Klingons in the Klingon Defense Force.

Edit:

Current traits are:

*Honorable
ground
◦+5 All Damage resistance
◦+10% Threat Generation

*Warrior
ground
◦+15% Physical Damage
◦+5% All Energy Damage
◦+15%% Critical Severity

I propose combining the two current Klingon traits into 1 trait. Both are ground traits and Honorable is very weak. Too weak to really justify occupying an entire 1 out of 4 possible traits. The new skill would be called "Blood of Khaless".

Blood of Khaless
ground
◦+5 All Damage resistance
◦+10% Threat Generation
◦+15% Physical Damage
◦+5% All Energy Damage
◦+15%% Critical Severity

Furthermore I was thinking about how Klingons have redundant organs for most of their major systems. I thought part of the Blood of Khaless trait should reduce the effect of critical attacks by 50% or something. Anyway that is my idea for a solution.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Speak for yourself I have TWO Klingons
And a Nausican , an Orion and a Gorn

I know LOTS of people with a Klingon (however very few with a Male orion and fewer still with a Lethean)
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Question: Do you care about your characters space combat abilities or do you just play for ground combat and role playing?

If you care about making the best performing character in space PvP you have clearly handicapped yourself by choosing a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSin15 View Post
Question: If you care about making the best performing character in space PvP you have clearly handicapped yourself by choosing a Klingon.
If you feel that way make a KDF Alien and make it look like a Klingon. Best of both worlds.

And BTW, I have 3 KDF characters, a Klingon, a Lethean and an Alien...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Optimised for PVP?
no thats pointless makes you a Drone like the borg
Each of my characters is following his Dreams
D'Karth for example dreams of the day he Flys into battle with a full size Battleship
Kailoth Waits for his B'rel bird of prey

My space combat abilities are good enough
I do not believe in optimised builds (its like the old "Godsword" builds in hack and slashers)
The BETTER player beats the better build
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2012, 02:44 PM
My character, too, is a Klingon - not some faceless pawn in a game, a hologram or something that plugs into the ship's computer. He fights in space and on the ground. He strives. He lives.

You, clearly, have no idea what it is to be Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2012, 03:36 PM
So you think having an extra 10% defense < Role Playing?

I like to RP as much as the next person but I don't like my character to RP himself as great warrior when any shmuck can make a better warrior by simply not rolling a Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2012, 03:37 PM
klingons want to see the life leave the eyes of their defeated enemies. This is the reason they still favour Batleth, and other hand to hand weapons. they will of course use energy weapons when that is what is required. they will also use ships. but these are just tools. a means to an end. A klingon relies on his own skill not on an accident of birth
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2012, 03:38 PM
And we don't "Roll" them
Every starting Klingon has the same stats

Be wh you want to be
Take a role you LOVE

Hell if you want to WIN every battle go lifer and be a borg
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
And we don't "Roll" them
Every starting Klingon has the same stats

Be wh you want to be
Take a role you LOVE

Hell if you want to WIN every battle go lifer and be a borg
"Roll" is a common term used in RPGs.

I can't really afford to spend 300 dollars for a Liberated Borg playable character. However the fact that the wealthiest players in RL get the best stuff in the game is an issue for another thread.