Lt. Commander
# 1 125 Power Weapons Setting
05-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey all,

Just a question I was thinking of earlier and not sure about the answer, but I think I know it

When using over 125 weapons power, say you have 135, when your weapons drop below 125 and recharge back up to 125 or above does this cause extra damage.

Aka does the 145 give an extra 10 when the weapons are draining and going back up to 125. Or does this not matter and 125 is the whole grail and won't go above or affect any dps related weapons power?

Just wondering

Thanx in advance.

D

*****edited as I realized there is a 135 hard cap *****
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOSlayer View Post
Hey all,

Just a question I was thinking of earlier and not sure about the answer, but I think I know it

When using over 125 weapons power, say you have 135, when your weapons drop below 125 and recharge back up to 125 or above does this cause extra damage.

Aka does the 145 give an extra 10 when the weapons are draining and going back up to 125. Or does this not matter and 125 is the whole grail and won't go above or affect any dps related weapons power?

Just wondering

Thanx in advance.

D

*****edited as I realized there is a 135 hard cap *****
Hard cap is 125, not 135. Been this way since season 2. There is no 'invisible' extra weapon power beyond 125.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
There is no 'invisible' extra weapon power beyond 125.
Actually, there is. Weapon Power gained by skills can create a buffer that causes your weapon power to drop less while firing.

At least, that's what it does on my Ody...when I use EPtS and EPS (with the basic level on 112), the power level while firing is a lot higher than when I don't use them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-12-2012, 05:06 AM
The above is correct. Youll see no direct damage increase for having your weapon power effectively set about 125, however you will see an indirect one because it will take into account the 'extra power' when calculating weapon power level drain when firing your guns. This will keep your shots hitting as close to maximum as possible instead of tapering off on successive volleys before it has a chance to fully recharge.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-12-2012, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Hard cap is 125, not 135. Been this way since season 2. There is no 'invisible' extra weapon power beyond 125.
You're wrong. It does work with Beam arrays like this. There is a different behavior when you use beam arrays and go over 125, up to 135. This has nothing to do with the first -10 that's free either.

Test it yourself.

Cannons are unaffected. basically beam arrays have a few percent more damage then they should when you are broadsiding.

A bug? Who knows. Cryptic hardly knows how their own system works and their programming seems flawed.
I'd say its some glitch or inconsistency and should be looked at.

How to test:
Use 2 Beam arrays, remove any EPS consoles from your ship for testing sake.

Fire both at the same time at 125 weapon power, and see the behavior of your weapon power.
Now go to 135 weapon power somehow either with an ability like EptW, or achieve it with Weapon performance to 9 and use oddesy seperation with the extra weapon power, and fire the 2 arrays simultaneously again, and observe the weapon power again. What do you see? Power still drops to 115 with both tests but the one using 135 weapon power the recharge works different, and goes back to 125 much faster. Ultimately using 8 beams broadsiding and using 135 weapon power will gain you a bit of DPS.

Conclusion, there is a clear difference in behavior which is only observed with Beam arrays, Cannons and turrets are all unaffected by this behavior.

Now you tell me what's going on here?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2012, 06:08 AM
I've found it's almost necessary to give somebody a good phaser hosing with single cannons/turrets in the Galor.
Lt. Commander
# 7 My (probably stupid) reply
05-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I had the impression that whenever your weapons power level exeeded the 125 mark (or cap; whatever...) the excess power (thus anything OVER the 125 mark) is being converted into additional (or rather bonus) critical chance and severity?

But in any case, with your weapon power level at 125 makes you kill things dead pretty consistently, but whenever you use Emergency Power to Weapons (thus putting you over the 125 mark) you are actually butchering ships.

That is what I have been experiencing personally...

I am not sure about the bonus crit severity and chance though; but with an ability like EPtW you are killing things dead pretty fast... Too bad those plasma-disruptor hybrids are actually semi crappy to be honest... And I have 4 of those on my negh'var + a green ACC disruptor beam array...

*Edited a small error*
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
I had the impression that whenever your weapons power level exeeded the 125 mark (or cap; whatever...) the excess power (thus anything OVER the 125 mark) is being converted into additional (or rather bonus) critical chance and severity?
1)EPtW will increase your dmg by som epercent for 5 sec or so...can't really remember the actual numbers.
2)Also there is a DOFF that will add 10% dmg for 10 sec if you use weapon battery.

so maybe you are refering to this 2 points, both will increase your dmg, while reaching over your weapon power cap.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2012, 11:40 AM
Well, I also have the RMC I sometimes use in conjuntion with an EPtW ability... I am running my negh'var in defensive mode now... If I choose combat my shields go down a bit fast (too fast for my liking; using the breen set atm... as sci captain).

This means I also have the breen energy dissipator (excellent to use against breen chell greth's... let em siphon your energy... just do the same back to them... ^^)

I have 9 points in warpcore potential, my energy weapon skill is maxed and I have points in weapon performance aswell (I think 9 points in that skill...). I tried to make a sci with as much damage as possible while still being able to defend decently, and I must admit this sci toon (kdf orion) is my most 'complete' character of the 5 I have; 2 feds and 3 kdf...

I know that all these points in those power skills cant bring weapons power above the 125 cap. But they certainly do help... Aswell do things like some impulse engines that give a +x% boost to weapons (the blue efficient impulse engine comes to mind, as does the jem'hadar impulse engine)

EDIT
I am an avid user of an EPtW (level 1... ) ability (combined with DEM2)... It makes me killing ships not that much faster to be honest, as I fly a cruiser... But its good enough to see the difference.

EDIT2
What kind of duty officer would that be? A technician or maintenance engineer?...
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
so maybe you are refering to this 2 points, both will increase your dmg, while reaching over your weapon power cap.
No, we're referring to the fact that when using EPtW, the weapon power doesn't drop as low as without, even when going 'over the 125 point cap' while using it.

Basically, EPtW ignores the 125 barrier.