Lt. Commander
It's been a month since the Children's Toys mission has gone in and during that entire time, I have NOT found that mission that yields the Alien Devices that is used for the MK12 Consoles. And honestly, its making me furious that everyone runs into this mission and now farming these consoles and yet I've yet to find a single one and I have not.
  • People say look in the Cardassian Sectors - I visit there multiple times per day. Nada
  • People specifiy the mission - never seen it.

So Heretic, what's up? Is this a joke by the Dev team in messing with my account so I can't get that mission or is this very bad luck? Because I feel my time is wasted going searching every 4 hours in traveling to all STO zones for a month and never see this stupid mission.

I know you said last time there was going to be various other ways to get this thing, but in the mean time where is it?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Actually there's a couple doff missions that reward the strange alien artifact:

http://www.stowiki.org/Strange_Alien_Artifact

Quote:
It can also be awarded sometimes on critical success in the various artifact hunting assignments, including "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on..." etc.
I got one recently from the Reclaim Artifacts from Archaeological site in the Dorvan Sector doff assignment
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2012, 04:25 PM
K... first off it ONLY appears in the Cardassian Sectors so the others are a waste of time.

Its a TRADE mission so it will always just be in the sector in Trade not Dept heads.

You need to be checking Nebulas. ZE and Rolor seem to be hotbeds for these chains!

Someone found it earlier today I know for a fact becuase he he was very excited in chat. So it does appear. Whether its just bad timing or some bug on your end I cant say. But it could still be up. It wont get reported becuase most people who would share that info already have it.

I will say tho that I have an alt who is on those cardy/gamma chains and they dont seem to spawning like they did on my mains.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
You need to be checking Nebulas. ZE and Rolor seem to be hotbeds for these chains!
Not to be rude, but I did say in my first post that I did check these zones every 4 hours (Especially focusing on the Cardassian zones). And in these past weeks, I have never seen these missions.

So something is obviously wrong or someone at Cryptic is playing a sick joke.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2012, 12:04 AM
No sick joke, just bad luck for you. Just monitor the Doffjobs google doc page, and wait for someone to call it out. Otherwise don't stress it. Even people who are fully set up for the Children's Toys frequently won't do it just because the odds are so poor on the console.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-07-2012, 09:48 AM
That sounds a bit paranoid man. I don't think I see it as much as I once did (and I search across 4-5 characters) but it's still out there. Keeping tabs on the Doff Spread Sheet (as mentioned above) is certainly helpful.

Besides, everyone knows it's me that they nerfed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2012, 10:17 AM
I found it in Bretreka over the weekend. So, yes it DOES pop.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Not to be rude, but I did say in my first post that I did check these zones every 4 hours (Especially focusing on the Cardassian zones). And in these past weeks, I have never seen these missions.

So something is obviously wrong or someone at Cryptic is playing a sick joke.
I farm this mission also and have little trouble finding it in the Cardassian sectors. Right now, today, I have both KDF and Fed guys making a console.
Still have 2 more with the artifact, but I have only one good Eng team on each faction with resolve that I mail back and forth for the final step.
Day before yesterday I took one guy out, found it in the Zenas Expanse and quickly logged thru all 7 of my guys to get them all out there and pick up the mission again, all successfully.
Since that chain came out I've been doing it every chance I have and have little trouble getting it again after the 3 day cooldown.
You did already know there is a 3 day cooldown before you can pick it up again after you complete it, yes?
I don't know why you're having such a hard time, all I can say is much the same as said before...check all 3 of the Cardassian sectors, including all the nebulas off of them at least once per day, which is about how often i check.
I can only dream of having enough free time to check every 4 hours like yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
That sounds a bit paranoid man. I don't think I see it as much as I once did (and I search across 4-5 characters) but it's still out there. Keeping tabs on the Doff Spread Sheet (as mentioned above) is certainly helpful.

Besides, everyone knows it's me that they nerfed.
We are talking about someone who wanted everything nerfed during his pvp tenure

On topic, azurian the Devs could really care less about you per say. They have enough to do. I have picked up this mission, but it does seem more rare than it use to.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
We are talking about someone who wanted everything nerfed during his pvp tenure
Just funny Crim that people said the same exact thing that wanted to be fixed after I quit PvPing... just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsonoa View Post
On topic, azurian the Devs could really care less about you per say. They have enough to do. I have picked up this mission, but it does seem more rare than it use to.
I'm sorry, but given that others have had legitimately had problems finding other DOFF missions in the past, I think it's their responsibility to actually investigate that this isn't happening with this Toy chain.