Lt. Commander
# 11
05-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellestad View Post
Near as I can tell they do steal stuff, but they do it so infrequently that they aren't worth much. And they don't do anywhere near the dps of standard fighter pets, so there isn't any use for them.

I haven't been able to see if the crew stealing mechanic does anything either. It never seems to do anything, but I see the power being used. Honestly, I'm not sure what it's supposed to do in the first place.

If it replaces dead crew that's fine, but my crew is never dead...they just from alive to injured and almost never actually die off, so it doesn't mean anything. *shrug*

The Crew Stealing may be designed to make your opponent lose crew and replenish your injured list... However, I have tested this and it barely effects enemy crew numbers at all.

I have never noticed the swarm of them stealing anything myself which is hard to believe. What did they steal for you and under what circumstances?

I have noted that their Beam Arrays strip shields at a surprising rate.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I ran a player created mission that was just ship combat, and I spent quite a bit of time just letting my slavers peck away at enemy ships.

For 60 minutes I think I got 4 distinct drops.

1st drop: x3 medical supplies
2nd drop: x1 critical repair module
3rd drop: x6 contraband
4th drop: 300ec

This was with one hanger of advanced slavers on standard difficulty.

They were quite a bit less damaging than the standard fighter pets, but they weren't horrible. Not sure what two hangers worth would be like.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
I find it hit and miss. Today, I've done the Romulan and Cardassian daily mission (the one where you fly into an anomoly type thing 3 times, each time killing 6 groups of enemies) in my carrier.

The Romulan one netted me 900 EC, 1 medical supplies, 1 self sealing stem bolts, and 3 industrial energy cells.

The Cardassian one gave me 300 EC and nothing else.

That was with one slaver hangar (green quality) and one BoP hangar (also green).
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Hmmm... I finally got a Commodity using 2 hangar fulls of these things. They are decent shield killers and more effective in general than To'Duj but their special stealing ability seems to be exceedingly rare.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-11-2012, 08:06 PM
I've gotten a few different commodities with the Green Slavers, plus 300 e-cr. I've also gotten a few Contraband with the Blue Slavers. I don't really need any of that, but I'll take it.

As has been pointed out, though, their use is mainly for shield stripping, IMO. The Beam Arrays are good for it. Better than the dual cannons on the Advanced To'duj, IMO.

Paired with the Slavers, my Advanced BoP pets can make better use of their Quantum Torpedos. I enjoyed running the Slavers with the Green BoPs so much, I had to get the Advanced BoPs.

/this is why you want a real Carrier, Starfleet, and not the Flight Deck Cruisers. You can stack pets to work together & not just run the ball o' fighters hangar bay.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-12-2012, 03:55 AM
In my first day of using the advanced slavers, I got 32 contraband. That was from three STFs and the four Empire Defense dailies. That's it. They've also stolen plenty of lesser commodities that I just immediately recycled so I never saw the total amount on most of those, but it was pretty decent. I did keep the 15 medical supplies they stole since they're fairly useful for DOff missions. They aren't very good at stealing ECs though, as they only ever stole 300-400 ECs & did so infrequently at that.

If you're running slavers for their ability to steal, it's worth running two hangars. I run two & have my Vo'quv fit with pure torps & mines, and the damage has been good as long as I can keep my target in my forward arc. Aux to Damp and Grav Well keep smaller targets in front of me, and anything too big for Grav Well to affect is generally too slow to move out of my firing arc anyway.