Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi folks,

I just used my new carrier in some elite STFs and now I am wondering about the right pet layout. So far the Peregrine Fighters are winning in my humble opinion, but I would like a little bit more input, before I go and invest some hard earned dilithium.

Thanks in advance for any input from you
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-03-2012, 02:55 PM
They are situational, so there isn't really just "one", IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-03-2012, 03:12 PM
What kind of pet? Siphon Drones! But wait, there are non for the Fed carrier.

For STFs Peregrines seem to add the most damage and it looks like you can't do much wrong with them.
2nd place for me are Runabouts with their Tractor Beams and high HP numbers.

Type 8 / 10 shuttles and Delta Flyers look somewhat underwhelming to me but I only tested the standard Deltas with Tachyon Beam I. Stalker Fighters with an aux disabling ability are, well, not very useful in STFs and I guess at best situational in other scenarios.

For me KDF pets still have the advantage, not only because of the Siphon Drones, but also because they are more straight forward. They only serve a single purpose (damage, power drain, shield drain) and thus really shine in their speciality. Fed pets look just like a not so successful attempt of "OMG we need more variety here".
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-03-2012, 03:46 PM
The Peregrine may be not so good against fixed installatiions (such as the Borg Repair Docks in Ker'rat), because they lack torpedos.

The Delta flyer seems to have the highest shields, the Runabout the highest hull.

Edit: That's wrong, the Peregrine does have torps. Still, I like the Stalkers better. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
The Peregrine may be not so good against fixed installatiions (such as the Borg Repair Docks in Ker'rat), because they lack torpedos.

The Delta flyer seems to have the highest shields, the Runabout the highest hull.
Actually Peregrines DO have Torps, Quantums.

Runabouts have Chroniton

The Deltas have Transphasic
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-03-2012, 10:00 PM
And the blue fighters have additionsl variaons and loadouts (weapons, torps, abilities depending on the ship)
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2012, 01:37 AM
From what I have seen so far...

Advanced Stalkers are good against Donatra's ship. My Stalkers seem to stop her from cloaking and firing that massive thalaron burst of hers.

Peregrines + Danubes combo is good against KASE probes as well as bird of preys, raptors and neg'vars in CSE.

Peregrines + Delta Flyers combo seems good against strongly shielded or ships with regenerative shields such as Borg tactical cubes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2012, 03:01 AM
I'm not seeing the green deltas firing Tachyon Beam. The advanced stalkers also seem like they would be better against shields than the deltas, with antiproton sweepx3 every ~20 seconds.

All the fighters still pop when their target explodes =x
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-04-2012, 04:14 AM
I did see the Tachyon Beam, but I do not know, how much it drains the shield of the target. In Elite STFs it is not that much against anything bigger than probes. As I stated above, the Stalkers did not enough damage and died anyway, Deltas are nice, but Pegerines did way more damage.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-04-2012, 04:17 AM
I think for STFs or PvE in generel, Peregrines would be the most valuable, because of their pure damage based stats. They're fast deployable too with their 22 sec cooldown.