Lt. Commander
# 11
05-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlross
If the last big C store release (oddy/bortas) had propper bridges, then I would expect atrox to have it too.
The 'last big C-store release' was a 4000 point ship (since all 3 consoles are made to work together), that you could buy individually for 2000 points. The fact that they gave you a bridge if you did only buy one of the three doesn't negate that they're raking in a *lot* more money for the Odyssey/Bortasqu' than for the Atrox or any other 2000 point ship. That fact, that they could make just one bridge to go with 3 ships, plus the total income, made it 'worth their while' to add a bridge to those ships.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Name another C-store ship other than the Odyssey or Bortasqu'* that goes for 2000 c-points that has its own special interior. There are none.
The defiant retrofit has it's own proper defiant bridge. The defiant refit did not.

So there is at least one more other than the oddy/bortas.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-07-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
The defiant retrofit has it's own proper defiant bridge. The defiant refit did not.

So there is at least one more other than the oddy/bortas.
Um... no it doesn't without an additional purchase. The Belfast bridge is purchased with the DS9 pack.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-07-2012, 08:38 PM
wait they made a ship without the interior. forget this i have had enough of thing like this.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-07-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
The 'last big C-store release' was a 4000 point ship (since all 3 consoles are made to work together), that you could buy individually for 2000 points. The fact that they gave you a bridge if you did only buy one of the three doesn't negate that they're raking in a *lot* more money for the Odyssey/Bortasqu' than for the Atrox or any other 2000 point ship. That fact, that they could make just one bridge to go with 3 ships, plus the total income, made it 'worth their while' to add a bridge to those ships.
Sorry but I don't see what the cost of the ship has to do with anything?

Money is money. If they want us to pay, then at least put in bridges.

Like I said, the defiant R came with one. The oddy and bortas came with one. Why not all C store ships?

It would after all give us all more reason to spend our money on the game.

Leave theC store bridges for the F2P people who don't want to pay for ships. (But still want proper bridges.)
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Um... no it doesn't without an additional purchase. The Belfast bridge is purchased with the DS9 pack.
Oh oops, my bad. I forgot I had the ds9 pack, so when I bought the defiant R I was pleasantly surprised to see the proper bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Oh oops, my bad. I forgot I had the ds9 pack, so when I bought the defiant R I was pleasantly surprised to see the proper bridge.
Hehe. ^_^ No problem. And Belfast *is* a great bridge/interior.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Sorry but I don't see what the cost of the ship has to do with anything?

Money is money. If they want us to pay, then at least put in bridges.

Like I said, the defiant R came with one. The oddy and bortas came with one. Why not all C store ships?

It would after all give us all more reason to spend our money on the game.

Leave theC store bridges for the F2P people who don't want to pay for ships. (But still want proper bridges.)
Tumerboy, in a post awhile back, said that everything is budgeted. They don't want to (or can't) expend more time on a project based on how much money they expect to gain from it. And, at some point, they have to say "this is good enough", even if there are still visual issues or whatnot with something.

More expensive ships like the Odyssey/Bortasqu' (those that will ultimately bring in the highest revenue) can have additional resources (either people or time) expended on them (such as providing unique bridges).

If they don't expect to see a certain amount of money generated, then they're not going to add those things.

Note that I'm not saying I wouldn't have loved a unique bridge/interior with the Atrox (or other ships), because I certainly would have.

It's just that based on what's been said (by Devs, no less), made me realize there would be no unique interior aspects on this ship.

Note that even now, there are *still* issues with the Odyssey bridge and its missing ready room doors and 'see into space' areas, *months* after the ships were released. It seems that they've reached their 'good enough' point with the Odyssey bridge, even though those glaring errors *really* should be fixed.

And, one more time, I'm not saying that the above is *right* as far as we, the customers, are concerned. I'm just saying it's what I *expected*.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-08-2012, 03:19 AM
Wasen't the Galaxy X pretty steep in price when that came to the C-Store aswell?? Seem to remember that the Galaxy X was the most expensive C-Store ship for a very long time, but can't remember the exact price...
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-08-2012, 08:48 AM
I'd be willing to buy the interiors, as you can for The Intrepid and Prometheus class vessels. They come separate, but they would be obtainable.