Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Very very nice
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
These really put my pencil drawn stick figure people to shame.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Heh, nice. I especially like the navigation buttons at the bottom since I just finished watching the Macross saga again today.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I loved those too1 I used to watch 'Robotech' as a child!
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
A lot of those remind me of "Homeworld" (2)

Really hope they make another one,
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spektre12
Oh hell yes, i been looking for sites like these to track concept art sweet find
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-09-2012, 02:57 AM
I had the most awesome STO-like dreams after seeing some of the concept art.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I had the most awesome STO-like dreams after seeing some of the concept art.
Dude I had a dream this past Sunday night that I was actually on the bridge of my STO ship (Thunderchild Clsss). I was fighting a Borg sphere. The dream was very vivid. Rarley do I smell in my dreams. But I could smell burning electronics and smoke...ect.

I guess the human mind is the ultimate holodeck. I onec read that you think about something hard enough just before you star to fall asleep, you''l dream about it. Okay I have a lot of thinking to do!
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-10-2012, 01:01 AM
There is a certain art to storing active memories in your subconscious so that they replay as dreams (sorta) later on.

First, the experience must take place just before you sleep.

Second, it must be memorable for some reason.

Such as, an adrenalin-pumping Elite Ground STF where you play USMC drill sergeant to get the team moving as fast as humanly possible. A solid speed run will cause you to think back and the 'wow factor' activates some parts of the brain that makes you want to think back over and over again (the pleasure centres perhaps).

Then there is the emotional consideration. A routine STF run on the EliteSTF channel just won't do it no matter how epic the above run was. Just noting 'we got the optional!' isn't enough because it doesn't trigger off any human emotions (assuming you're already an elite mission veteran and the run was part of many you did today.)

However, if you ran the mission with a special group of people, perhaps, some old friends, a personal relation, a 'housewives only' STF, that does trigger off a lot of emotions seeing casual gamers you met last week progress to Elite level and ace it on their first ever run thanks to your tutorage.

Also different people have different emotional triggers and what impresses me may not work for you and vice versa. But the common denominator is that certain chemicals need to be triggered off in the brain for the 'replay' to take place and one must fall asleep with that replay still in active memory for a % chance to trigger a vivid STO dream.