Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Double cursor poll
05-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Just wondering how many of us suffer the double cursor problem. In addition to just being annoying, it often ignores UI input. So yes, it is a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2012, 08:14 AM
ive been getting this for the last month or so now

bloody annoying in the middle of an STF

i've picked up some tricks to get rid of it

usually, clicking about the chat box a few times fixes it, changing tabs and entering messages

if that doesnt work, closing the game down and restarting it sorts it

and sometimes, just sometimes, it goes away by itself, but thats usually upto 30minutes + with quite a few zone changes
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Is it specific to any video card/driver configuration? I'm running old 8600GT nVidia card with 3 year old drivers and the game runs perfect for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2012, 08:44 AM
I had it once. But it only happened after I alt-tabbed out to mess with something. The fix was to reset the client.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2012, 08:51 AM
I've had it occur intermittently as far as I can remember playing STO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-07-2012, 08:53 AM
With the amount of people that have had or are still having this problem and all the different system specs they have posted it seems to be completely random and intermittent.

At the very worse that I ever had it happen to me personally there was not only the double cursor, but also my standard windows cursor as well. This makes me believe there is a coding error in the cursor selection coding. Since the UI is Dynamic in that it is always updating itself with all the relevant information needed for the HUD, it would stand to reason the coding error is somewhere linked between the cursor selection and the HUD interface coding. It may just be a piece of phantom coding that randomly interferes, or it may be a coding error between, the cursor coding, the HUD/UI coding, and the OS.

If they released the cursor so people could also use it for their default windows cursor it might actually help correct the problem for people suffering from the more severe cases of this bug.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-07-2012, 08:55 AM
this glitch is in the game since launch

one time we got a Dev response on it,
i don't remember who it was, but he said that this bug was his pet peeve and that it was almost impossible to track down because it happens so randomly

what i know is that when this happens you see the Hardware and the Software cursor at the same time.
the software cursor has some input delay, that's why it appears as 2 cursors.

if this happens to me i bring up the inventory or press U for the character window and use the left mouse button to move the scrollbar, after i release the button the 2nd cursor is 100% always gone.

before i found that workaround i always restarted the client, which was very annoying.

but to this day i still have no reproduceable way to START the glitch
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I've never had the Two Cursor problem...

But on several occasions I've had my cursor go into Multiplicity Mode where there would be several duplicates following the main one around.

I've been using an "acquired" larger gold cursor for quite some time now, cause the original one was just way to damn small for me to see...
(I figured my multiplicity problem was because of this, so I would just restart the game to fix it.)

I have noticed that since They added Their Official Larger cursor, the problem has gone away.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
It's hardly an accurate poll since people who don't have the problem likely won't post, but those who do will check in. Never had the issue. Sounds like a driver problem on your end...
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet
It's hardly an accurate poll since people who don't have the problem likely won't post, but those who do will check in. Never had the issue.
Heh, your post amuses me.