Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I've had this randomly pop up. Just last night in the middle of a Starbase 24 session. But for a while now, it randomly happens.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Yes I get it quite frequently.

It's never really effected my playing, but it can become a visual distraction. It just as randomly vanishes.

I had just assumed it was because I was using a Naga and the drivers had a glitch or something.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-07-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjc_foxtrot View Post
I've had it occur intermittently as far as I can remember playing STO.
Same here, had the issue since I started playing at beta. Usually happens after I've been playing for a few hours, but can be triggered sooner if my framerate takes a dive for whatever reason.

Only fix I've found is restarting the client.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-07-2012, 06:36 PM
It is actually a sync problem between the game server and your computer. No idea how it happens, but ping and latency etc have something to do with it...

You move your cursor on the screen and the game server copies it exactly their end, but sometimes lag can make it appear that two cursors or more are there
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
It is actually a sync problem between the game server and your computer. No idea how it happens, but ping and latency etc have something to do with it...

You move your cursor on the screen and the game server copies it exactly their end, but sometimes lag can make it appear that two cursors or more are there
I have a 25MB connection, no way is it a latency issue bro