Lt. Commander
# 1 Mercenary Costume
05-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Well I did it. I blew 440CP on a Mercenary costume for my Ferengi captain, (I thought it would go well with the energy whip I'm gonna get him). And I have to say it is an excellent costume and one of my favorites now. Great job Cryptic.

Now I am gonna make you wiser than I.

If you buy this or any other off duty costume when you pick a uniform slot to modify be sure to look in upper right on the window you make changes to your character in. All three of them have a drop down that allows you to tell the tailor if this is a uniform or off duty wear. This way you will not look like the pedantic fool that Pi is right now. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Messing with the tailor screen shows that the first costume slot can only be uniform while all other costume slots can be changed to Uniform, Formal Wear, or Off Duty. The selection box on the upper right part of the tailor screen is only present in the advanced options section of the head and body screens if Uniform is selected, but is present for all three screens if Off Duty or Formal Wear is selected.

Mercenary is found in the Off Duty - Jacket Loose option for Upper Body category and Off Duty - Pants - Loose Mid Ankle option for Lower Body Category. The boots, bandoliers, and pouches are present for all Off Duty options.
I will leave the rest of the original post to show that I indeed did eat my crow.

But Pi STO is not vaporware you play it every day.... Your right!

But Pi STO would not sell you a questionable product as that would hurt their reputation with the community... You right! Well sorta.

But Pi did you check to see if you could claim it in the C-Store??? Your right! But it says I already purchased it.

But Pi did you actually look at the right tailor??? Your right! I did, says so right here, "You can equip this at any tailor."

But Pi did you use an alternate costume slot aside from your uniform slot??? Your right I did. I tried the uniform slot I tried the non uniform slots, I used the advanced options, I checked under all the possible uniform costumes and even looked at the dungaries and Nope no Mercenary outfit.

But Pi did you try logging into a new toon that you did not buy that outfit with??? Your right! Not only did I try logging out and into a new toon I went a step further and exited and restated the game and then I went even a further step beyond that and exited, force verified and restarted the game.

Still no Mercenary outfit that I paid for and see it registered as a paid for option.

Now there was a thread for this already but it stagnated and died so I followed the forum rules and started my own. Now I'm off to file me a ticket.

But Pi did you file a support ticket??? Your right! Yeah blah blah blah.............
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-06-2012, 04:55 AM
And there it is. Right there in the FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary FAQ
In what slot will it be located?
The Mercenary Costume options are located in the “Off Duty – Loose Jacket” area of the in game tailor.
I do not have an off duty uniform slot anymore, annnndd there is no lose jacket option in the "Upper" drop down.

Now why is there no option for the pants in the "Knee High" or any other oprtion of the pants drop downs, (you know that part right there just does not seem right, but I digress!). I would like this fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-06-2012, 05:15 AM
as I understand it any costume slot (other than perhaps the first one and fleet one) can be "off duty" I purchased 2 extra costume slots (this is account wide unlock) because I wanted to keep my duty uniform, and I used one of these slots for my "Admiral Uniform" and in the other.. Mercenary outfit. No issues selecting it as an off duty option
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath
as I understand it any costume slot (other than perhaps the first one and fleet one) can be "off duty" I purchased 2 extra costume slots (this is account wide unlock) because I wanted to keep my duty uniform, and I used one of these slots for my "Admiral Uniform" and in the other.. Mercenary outfit. No issues selecting it as an off duty option
Sorry I do not mean to say that your experience is invalid. It is not, you are enjoying your money, which does make your experience very valid. And I really sense a genuine desire to help me get to the same level of satisfaction that you have. Still I sense that you missed a small detail in my well detailed report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
But Pi did you use an alternate costume slot aside from your uniform slot??? Your right I did. I tried the uniform slot I tried the non uniform slots, I used the advanced options, I checked under all the possible uniform costumes and even looked at the dungaries and Nope no Mercenary outfit
I am an eight hundred day veteran who did buy account wide unlocks for their uniform slots and got more account wide unlocks for paying a sub for so long. As this bit I quoted from my OP implies I tried them. Given that there was only one thread I saw at a glance that covers the issue, that it only got about ten responses, that it was dead, that I had to make a new one, to me implies that my experience is not unique but is possible that my experience is much less common than yours.

I am however, very happy your mercenary outfit works.

Sadly I will have to wait till support gets to my ticket.

Thank you for your contribution.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-06-2012, 11:21 AM
There is a box in the upper right corner of the tailor screen that allows you to change between off duty, formal, and uniform. I believe it is in the advanced section for body. Mercenary is an off duty outfit. I think almost any costume slot can be changed to off duty now.

If you can see the Robes, casual clothing, and other off duty costumes, but no Mercenary, then there is a problem and I suggest contacting customer service since you should see any C-Store costume even if you haven't bought it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Messing with the tailor screen shows that the first costume slot can only be uniform while all other costume slots can be changed to Uniform, Formal Wear, or Off Duty. The selection box on the upper right part of the tailor screen is only present in the advanced options section of the head and body screens if Uniform is selected, but is present for all three screens if Off Duty or Formal Wear is selected.

Mercenary is found in the Off Duty - Jacket Loose option for Upper Body category and Off Duty - Pants - Loose Mid Ankle option for Lower Body Category. The boots, bandoliers, and pouches are present for all Off Duty options.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
There is a box in the upper right corner of the tailor screen that allows you to change between off duty, formal, and uniform. I believe it is in the advanced section for body. Mercenary is an off duty outfit. I think almost any costume slot can be changed to off duty now.

If you can see the Robes, casual clothing, and other off duty costumes, but no Mercenary, then there is a problem and I suggest contacting customer service since you should see any C-Store costume even if you haven't bought it.
I do not recall seeing this option. I will look. Thank you for the heads up.

As you can tell it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:

This, if you haven't tried it.