Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21 Assimilated beam in point
05-10-2012, 05:54 AM
I feel the Fed beam-in point is bugged because if you die anywhere in the hallways close by, you always respawn at the beam-in point. This is not the case on the other side of the map. The KDF side is random if you die in the hallways nearby. Same is true on Ghost ship.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Shotguns, they are ridiculous.
Shotguns are indeed ridiculous, but I never leave home on my tactical officer without some high range weapons, as more often than not I'm turned into roadkill the second I get into close quarters. If you see an enemy charging at you, the best thing to do is to get range on them, although I am very guilty of not doing this.

Unfortunately that's a pretty hard thing to do sometimes when you're focusing others down and someone sneaks in on you with perfect stealth or from behind/off to the side.

Quote:
I know engineers that tank crazy now, and lead in damage as well.
Yeah but, are they up against a team who knows what they're doing? Whenever I see premade vs. premade, engineers are usually on top with deaths, near the bottom with damage (unless I'm involved!), kinda meh with heals. In pugs where both teams are pugging, a competent engineer really has the ability to shine, because nobody things to focus them down so they can't set their toys up.

Some are just good at being an engineer and know the best tricks to keep alive. Most are pretty bad.

Quote:
Make active duty Doffs much more subtle in my opinion, and not stackable.
Yes please. Both in ground and in space, but that's for a different topic.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
Yeah but, are they up against a team who knows what they're doing?
They are up against FES and F.S. is that good enough? What about day after day on Otha protecting the PuGs from premade spawncampers?
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-10-2012, 07:51 AM
I suppose, but I've never really seen an engineer last long against the premades I'm in. Maybe it's a different story other times. Personal experience only goes so far.

And I'm actually shocked to hear that there's activity in Otha, especially from the KDF side. Apart from my own KDF character I've only ever seen one terrible Tac show up in the past three months. /who Otha never shows any KDF there either.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-10-2012, 08:02 AM
I've only ever seen one terrible Tac show up in the past three months

Hey, I resemble that remark
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
I suppose, but I've never really seen an engineer last long against the premades I'm in. Maybe it's a different story other times. Personal experience only goes so far.
Engineers tend not to last long in our own premades against the premades we go up against, either. We were fighting FS a week or two ago, with Pug on his engineer - he would step out to try to do something, like fuze and malf one of their tacs, with all his buffs running, and they would just melt him straight through everything.

EDIT: That's not to say, of course, that engineers aren't good, or that they can't be a valuable member of any team at any tier, or anything like that. The balance is very close, as I mentioned in the opening post. I'm just concerned that they can't fulfill the basic needs of a tanking/control character against an enemy team who has a few Heavy Hitting Tactical Officers who know how to focus fire.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriphu
I would be interested in knowing, Pug, what you think of my thoughts about engineers in the opening post. The vast majority of my engineer experience comes from fighting them or observing them in a team situation, rather than playing as one, whereas you are an expert at playing them, as well.
I have 4 questions for you...

1# Why are you asking this question in this manner on the forums if both you and Pug are members of the same fleet and have access to both fleet chat and your fleet's TeamSpeak?

2# Why are you phrasing your question in such a way that it seems that you don't know eachother?

3# Why is there a 5 man Tac team of your fleet active in the PvP queues that uses 'techniques' that you describe as being broken?

4# Why is this 'technique',that you consider being broken,described in great detail in a 'How to...' thread by Pug?
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-11-2012, 04:54 PM
None of these questions are remotely pertinent to the topic of this thread. If I thought you actually cared about answers, I would provide them, but I am well aware that the only reason you are here is to pick a fight and derail this thread. You're a pretty good player and I would have welcomed your contribution to the actual topic of this thread, if you had any reason for being here except to vent your hatred of FES in general and me in particular. I viewed your last two posts here in hopes that they would contain something that represents your considerable experience and particular viewpoint in pvp, despite having you set on Ignore. As it is clear that you are only here to harass me, I will not do so in the future. If you have something on-topic to say that you would like me to see and respond to, I am sure that you can get someone to post it for you. Otherwise, please leave me alone.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guriphu
None of these questions are remotely pertinent to the topic of this thread. If I thought you actually cared about answers, I would provide them, but I am well aware that the only reason you are here is to pick a fight and derail this thread. You're a pretty good player and I would have welcomed your contribution to the actual topic of this thread, if you had any reason for being here except to vent your hatred of FES in general and me in particular. I viewed your last two posts here in hopes that they would contain something that represents your considerable experience and particular viewpoint in pvp, despite having you set on Ignore. As it is clear that you are only here to harass me, I will not do so in the future. If you have something on-topic to say that you would like me to see and respond to, I am sure that you can get someone to post it for you. Otherwise, please leave me alone.
You still have not answered his question which does pertain to your original post.... I do not understand why you are avoiding the subject. i mean if you are saying those exploits you listed are bad, then why does certain members on your fleet use it but then condemns the exploit.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-11-2012, 05:49 PM
I think this post was intended to encourage the game designers to not take away much of what we love about ground combat while attempting to fix and improve the game. There are obvious differences in opinion on using double cloaks and kit swaps currenty. In the end, we should be able to use whatever the designers have available. I understand the OP asking to remove some of these entirely. I choose not to use them even now, however others choose to use whatever is available. Cryptic has not labeled any of these as 'exploits' that I know of so 'it is what it is.'
Just to be clear, I have no desire to harass FES or its members. But I do not enjoy matches against opponents that are totally invisible and I cannot even shoot at them without switching to shooter mode and firing blindly. So I have been doing a lot more STFs and a lot less PvP, as have many other longtime PvP players.