Ensign
# 1 horible graphics
08-23-2012, 04:00 AM
i dont know much about graphics cards but i have used this one for a while now and it has been good, the main reason i wanted to play this game was the level of detail. but when i started up the graphics are very bad for me.
i have played battle star galactica online and i get a far better. so i just want to know is there some thing on my end i can do to fix this or is it my hardware?
i think my graphics card name is 'RADEON X600 256HyperMemory'
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-23-2012, 04:36 AM
That GPU dates back to pre-2005, so there is nothing that can be done apart from a new computer or a hardware upgrade.
-------------------------------------------------------------
President of Alpha Solaris, a Federation fleet.

I used to be Sinsofasolarempire
Captain
# 3
08-23-2012, 06:19 AM
That card is well below minimum specs for the game.

This is from the download link page:

Quote:
If the system doesn't meet the requirements of the game, the game will either not run at all or give a less than desirable performance. To ensure a smooth gaming experience, we recommend that you meet the following settings:

Operating System

Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)

CPU

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+

RAM

Memory: 1GB RAM

Hard Disk

10GB Free Disk Space

Graphic Display

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics

Sound Drivers

DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard

DirectX

Version 9.0c or Higher

Network

Internet Broadband Connection Required
If you are able to get the game to run at all it will likely only be on low settings and or half resolution, and with only 256 meg of video ram you can expect long loads poor frame rates and choppy performance. Sorry for the bad news.
Career Officer
# 4
08-23-2012, 09:53 AM
It's your hardware, I'm afraid. The Radeon X600 was a pretty good budget card when it was new, but it is very old, and very, very weak now.
Republic Veteran
# 5 It Has to go
08-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsofanempire View Post
That GPU dates back to pre-2005, so there is nothing that can be done apart from a new computer or a hardware upgrade.
Like everyone else has said you card is way out of date to play this game sadly, you can play most web games perfect like bsg but they use web software and more of ya cpu than graghics, if you have a good cpu you change the setting for in video menu change to cpu you might get a slightly better graghics but not the extent of what this games offers.

check your motherboard for upgrade options

good luck
Commander
# 6
08-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Your u can ask for help as well.
Community Moderator
# 7
08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Moved to Technical Support - Graphical Issues
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.